Best and easy to use Editing software Hero 4 Black?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm spending hours trying to find out which programs to use to edit the Hero 4 footage

i had a 3 year old desktop that wouldn't edit the Gopro Studio software well, it was very choppy

i just bought a Dell XPS with a Pentium I7 processor , Nividia video card with 8gigs of on board memory on the video card, etc

i have no editing experience. But with the help with You Tube , I'm sure I can pick it up quickly

any suggestions ? I'm thinking I can a descent software for around $100 bucks?

i'd try to use studio again, it's actually pretty decent. My laptop can't run it properly, but with the new one it should have little issue. It's quite nice.

Adobe Premiere can do pretty much everything and more. It's a steeper than usual learning curve though but plenty of video tutorial to help with that. Other suggestions would be Power Director 13 or Sony Movie Studio. They both come in different flavors. They are also easier to learn than Premiere but more limited on advanced features which you may not need.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 but it's closer to Premiere level and expensive. If I were to go another route I'd go Premiere only because I tend to use advanced features.

Thank you. More then likely I'll be going with Power Director 13 . I been doing allot of research and want something easy to use

I never done any editing before, so It will be a steep learning curve on any I'm sure

I also just bought a DJI Phantom 3 which carries a 4k camera, so I'll need to learn how to edit videos for that as well now

Thanks for the reply

Thank you. More then likely I'll be going with Power Director 13 . I been doing allot of research and want something easy to use

I never done any editing before, so It will be a steep learning curve on any I'm sure

I also just bought a DJI Phantom 3 which carries a 4k camera, so I'll need to learn how to edit videos for that as well now

Thanks for the reply
DL the trial version of Power Director 13. I tried it once myself but since I'm so used to my Sony Vegas Pro, I gave up after about 15 min. :)

I have the Black also and do a ton of video editing. I have the Adobe cloud ($50 a month) and also have Pinnacle 16HD. If you are looking for superior results, use Adobe CS6, if you want great results and ease of use, use the Pinnacle software. Very short learning curve and comes with a ton of features that make your work look semi-professional.

I have the Black also and do a ton of video editing. I have the Adobe cloud ($50 a month) and also have Pinnacle 16HD. If you are looking for superior results, use Adobe CS6, if you want great results and ease of use, use the Pinnacle software. Very short learning curve and comes with a ton of features that make your work look semi-professional.
I really wish that Adobe cloud package costed less. I have the PS and LR sub at $10 a month but $50 is just too much for a hobbyist IMO.

I just bought the Corel Video Studio Pro 7. from Amazon. Version 8 is out, but it was $50 bucks cheaper to buy the slightly older version (which is only a year old...). The feature that I was most interested in that is completely lacking in the Gopro software is video stabilization. It makes a huge difference in the final video quality. To improve the learning curve, I have been using YouTube tutorials every time I think of a feature I want but don't understand. One of the nice filters I ran across was a preset that corrects underwater footage similarly to the red filter I had on my Gopro. It brings up the reds, drops the Green and leaves the blues alone, really restoring a lot of the color to my underwater shots.

Back
Top Bottom