SRP tray VS Ikelite Steady tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SRP tray is only ~1/2-3/4 pounds heavier than the backscatter dual grip (I have both)

Three-quarter pound heavier is pretty heavy in and of itself. What's the SRP tray made of... depleted Uranium?

:d

Ikelite tray with pure LocLine arms weighs about nothing. Can't figure out the reasoning behind handles PLUS LocLine. Just get longer LocLine arms. (PS - they make nice LEGS too!)

i think its all depends on which one you like...

i think all are great... but i like the SRP ones for the tripod style that i can use on land if i want to.. and the backscatter one which is really light...

i think the pistol grip is a bad idea.. and i dun like the ikelite grip.. that is me :)

Yes the SOLA lights are a bit pricey, but not really, considering what you get.

Huge Lumen output.
Factory Sealed no chance of leaks or fumbling with batteries.
Most models offer both narrow beam spot or wide angle mode.
Built in triple multi color power LEDs and small chargers.

perfect for travel / weight.........and fit your hand damnnn sexy too!

At Backscatter, on a Christmas special blow out, I got two of the SOLA 2000 lumen video lights, the double tray, and arms, for $799.

honestly, I think that's a pretty good deal and bang for the buck bargain.

You may want to call up Backscatter and see if they still have some of those kits available as it was only a couple months ago......

Three-quarter pound heavier is pretty heavy in and of itself. What's the SRP tray made of... depleted Uranium?

:d

Ikelite tray with pure LocLine arms weighs about nothing. Can't figure out the reasoning behind handles PLUS LocLine. Just get longer LocLine arms. (PS - they make nice LEGS too!)

I can't find the weight of the Ikelite tray on the internet. From reading this thread, I gather that it is lighter than the SRP.

SRP tray + handles = 544 gms.

Does anyone know what the Ikelite tray weighs in at?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom