Snow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iceman 001.jpgBella_Snowblind.jpgFrom winters past. We haven't got snow here yet just a light dusting that didn't stick. :) It has been cold however, burning up that black gold.

Maybe it's just me but I prefer warmer waters :D
Don't we all? However, a 3-5 hours' flight plus hotel expenses every time I want to get wet is... somewhat outside my budget :) And not diving for at least half of the year is also out of the question.

Don't we all?

Personally, I prefer the sea lions and looming chance of a GWS encounter in 10C Northern California over the tiny coral reef fish here in tropical Okinawa...but then again I wear gloves and a 7mm hood even in warm water, so the predictably good vis is really the only bonus for me :wink:

I came very close to using my drysuit hood for snow blowing before I just went and bought a balaclava.

I did a beautiful dive in New Mexico about a decade ago, quarry called the Blue Hole. That day it was nothing but white as we were trounced in an early season snowstorm. Was part of an AOW class who decided to stay and dive through it. Really was fantastic though - jumping out from beautifully warm 70* water into a 30*snowstorm! Talk about never wanting to end a dive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes! these pictures are excellent

I tried snow diving once. However, my max depth was only eight inches and I swam into a fire hydrant that left a big egg on my head. Then some guy came along and threw salt on me, which was a pain to clean out of my gear. Next, a snow plow buried me in huge chunks of ice. Maybe I was doing it wrong...but I really didn't like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom