DM's becoming circus performers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries Christi.....it has been reported. I hope the violations are taken seriously by the marine park. There has been no reply from them so no way to know.

Thank you for your service! I assume you know who it was - (you don't have to post it here) - was it also reported to the dive shop owner?

That's yet another reason for supporting the reputable dive shops of the island, even if they cost a bit more. Besides following the rules regarding payroll taxes and such and maintaining high safety standards, their DMs are far more likely to respect the marine park rules and the marine life. A fly-by-night dive op whose DMs work solely for tips will be more motivated to break the rules and perform "tricks" for pay, not to mention skimping on engine maintenance, emergency O2, and the like. Normally, I'd be fine with divers getting what they paid for (or didn't pay for), but when it affects the marine life it affects all of us.

So how much would I have to tip you, Christi, in order for you to handle my nasty wetsuit? :wink:

---------- Post added April 1st, 2014 at 01:33 PM ----------

Thank you for your service! I assume you know who it was - (you don't have to post it here) - was it also reported to the dive shop owner?
He could post it here. It would be nice for Scubaboarders to know who to boycott.

For you Mossman - $1 millllion dollars :wink: I suspect handling your nasty wetsuit wouldn't be all I have to put up with :wink: hahah

For you Mossman - $1 millllion dollars :wink: I suspect handling your nasty wetsuit wouldn't be all I have to put up with :wink: hahah
For $1 million, I'd expect "full service" :blinking: (And no, not from Pedro Pablo)

I guess I opened THAT door! Ok - how about $5 dollah -

by the way, that is NOT $50 pesos - if you want to pay in pesos that would be $65 pesos with the current exchange rate - LOL

I guess I opened THAT door! Ok - how about $5 dollah
Every woman has her price. If I were you, though, I would have held out for at least $10 :wink:

Every woman has her price. If I were you, though, I would have held out for at least $10 :wink:

You may have expected too much for $10 - haha

Yes it was reported to the owner of the dive op.....the sad part is that the dive op owner's response was...."well, I have not had any complaints from any other divers". My conclusion.....after 15 years with the same dive op, I will be selecting a new dive op in 2015.
and FYI...the worst offenders are NOT fly by night operators as previously speculated.....they are some of the biggest ops on the island.

Don't have anything against any dive op on the island but i'm surprised you didn't know who that was in the last video with the moray Moss. Never dived with him but heard nothing but great things.

Don't have anything against any dive op on the island but i'm surprised you didn't know who that was in the last video with the moray Moss. Never dived with him but heard nothing but great things.
I hadn't seen the video, let alone realized I was in it too. Uh, "no comment" :)

Back
Top Bottom