broken fin problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahmed Yahya

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i broke my fin when i stepped on its tip during a dive :(
any ideas to fix it ?

20131010_205101.jpg20131010_204937.jpg

Unless it doesn't work properly any more, I wouldn't bother with doing anything to it. On the second picture I can't even tell where the damage is, to be honest, but it looks like it's on the inside portion of the outer "band" of the fin. I would think that's not really a major issue while swimming.

actually the side bands is like a spring which controls the movement and propulsion of the fin. it actually moves diffrently underwater after that crack.

Let me be the first to insert the standard Scuba Board answer....throw them away and buy Jet Fins. All other fins will kill you.

actually the side bands is like a spring which controls the movement and propulsion of the fin. it actually moves diffrently underwater after that crack.

Your fins are shot then. There's nothing you can do to repair a plastic crack and still keep the same flexibility/rigidity it originally had.
Don't step on your tips next time. Better yet, stay off the bottom completely.

I think the fin will need to be replaced. However, you can try using epoxy to seal the crack before you replace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom