What's with these crappy W3 knee-pads ??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Now understand that no-one is a bigger fan of Waterproof wetsuits than me. Matter of fact dove my W2 7mm yesterday and today.

Problem is with my W3 that I bought to replace my 3mm Capri that's faded over the past 5 years....
- Love the ole suit but it's just beginning to look very very tired.

So I bought a W3...

The ole 3mm Capri had great features and almost all of them made it into the W3.....

EXCEPT for the KneePads.

Great pads on the 3mm Capri but the W3 comes with really crappy iron-on stickie pads that fall
apart the 2nd dive.
Both my current W2's, a 5mm and my W2 7mm have the good pads...

Now I don't spend time on my knees U/W but the W3 pads just begin to peel up and off... after a few dives, like 2.. they are all ragged out looking...

Guys you changed the inside of the W2....

So why can't you get the W3 knee-pads fixed by reverting back or over to the W2 pads.

I've already returned two W3 and now my 3rd one is doing the same..... I've had it with the W3

Can I swap it for another W2 5mm at least ?

I thought I was the only one with bad knee pads on a W3. Mine is on it's way back for replacement right now. I like the suit, but my knee pads peeled off on the very first dive.

Expect the same with the replacement..... Sure seems to me that they would wake up.

can you post a picture because the kneepads on my w3 look like an addition piece of material sewn on.

Knee Pad Photos. photo (8).jpgphoto (7).jpg

My wife had the same problem. 1St dive in Cozumel and the knee pads came off. We were told that they had a bad lot, and the wet suit was replaced.

Islandheart-

We’re so glad that you are an avid fan and user of Waterproof!! We LOVE hearing from our customers that not only enjoy using our products, but stand by us on our quality and esthetics. There is a known warranty-issue with the W3 knee pads where they “un-adhere” from the neoprene part of the suit. As for the W2 lining, Waterproof headquarters in Sweden made the decision to change the lining to a new orange plush lining. One of the reasons they changed it was for increased mobility and malleability to the body. We assure you that both linings are great and you’ll love the plush lining just as much as the hextex lining! Also, please do feel free contact us about the options we have for you regarding trading in your suit. 1-800-482-2282

Dear Waterproof-USA,
Thanks for the reply and I'll call, sorry just got back from traveling.

#1 Again, Waterproof wetsuits are "the standard" I measure all others against. Just ordered my son a W-3 even through there's problems because I need the best for him and I know you folks will take care of any real issue.

- My newest W3 is still neverwet as I've been using my old 3mm Capri, my W2 5mm and W2 7mm suits for extended Florida springs dives and winter ocean dives.

#2 the W2 7mm lining was a bit of a surprise when I got it but it's just an Orange version of the plush lining in my old 3mm Capri. No issues and I love both linings.
- for me the Hex-tex is earlier to get in and out of, but the Plush is more.... well Plush.

IMG_0151.jpg IMG_0100.jpg

Thanks for your reply and I assure anyone reading this to buy WaterProof with confidence. You can expect great features and superior fit and comfort.

My tired ole 3mm is bleached almost white from chlorine and sun, but it's seams and materials are hanging tough ! I think somewhere in the 600+ dive range, plus pool use over the past 4-5 years.

Bob C

Back
Top Bottom