Trashed car found at Destin Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Met up with Recharge and XRay to squeeze in a dive at the Destin Jetties. There was a halocline at 4ft, and viz was about 2ft until we got down to 40ft. At that point it opened up to about 10ft, and an occasional 15. There was a light outgoing current once you got to the first turn, but otherwise it was calm. Temp was around 70, and I was comfortable for about an hour in a 3mm with a hooded vest. You can see a bit of the crappy viz here:

Absolutely, positively no idea what this is:

We found the trashed car sitting on one of the jetty rocks:

We suspected a woman driver was responsible because we found a woman's boot near the accident:

Later we apprehend the culprit still wearing the mate to the boot we found earlier:

Hahahaha that's awesome. What is he standing on in that last photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha that's awesome. What is he standing on in that last photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were planning to collect crabs (only one blue found though). Barry picked her up as I was making my boot shot, and, no joke, she reached out and grabbed the boot on her own. She was preggers though, and one crab is hardly an appetizer, so she was gently released to (hopefully) make more baby crabs.

On a side note, the crabs have gone from Destin Jetties. We used to collect stone claws, and blues in the Spring, and see TONS of crab throughout the warmer months, but I'm just not seeing them anymore.... It could just be an off two years, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the BP spill in 2010???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom