SPIEGEL GROVE dive report, sunday, 2/24/13, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which boat is yours? we were out there too. And today....and tomorrow.... LOL. We went this morning and it was awesome. By the afternoon on our return trip, current was screaming. Fortunately I was doing post office, starbucks etc and didnt go. :)

Planning a double dip night dive Thursday night. Hopefully the winds not picked up by then.

22FT procat power catameran CC . we were moored on SG4, portside crane,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I have done that drive 4 times. Did you go straight thru or stop along the way?
I have not made this drive in like 30 years! Used to do it alot with my van loaded with gear and zodiac boat with a 35 hp engine. Did it this time with a 2012 outback subaru ..Wife wanted the dogs to join us and I will not have them fly. Had to stop for about 4 hours ,took a little 4hr nap at a rest stop.. Went to Speigel today in the afternoon..Got our butts kicked with the current..I gauge it at possibly as much as 3kts.Pulled ourselves to mooring buoy and I called it there. Went to City of Washington,got bored and went back to boat after 20 minutes..

Love the juvies.

SG is one of my favorite places. As reefman said, I am gong to switch to macro there for the next few trips. Used to see redlip blennies there as well, but did not yesterday. First juvenile spotted trunkfish and spotfin hogfish I have seen there. Here are a couple more interesting residents...
_DSC6663-3.jpg_DSC7285-31.jpg

Which boat is yours? we were out there too. And today....and tomorrow.... LOL. We went this morning and it was awesome. By the afternoon on our return trip, current was screaming. Fortunately I was doing post office, starbucks etc and didnt go. :)

Planning a double dip night dive Thursday night. Hopefully the winds not picked up by then.
Hi Chris..We were on your boat this afternoon.would have been better to sit at dock and drink a beer. Not anyones fault,current happens and it is safer to call it than chance it.Todd did a good job of getting everyone back aboard safely..4 of us swam up to mooring ball and called it there. I estimate 3 kts current at least. Was not easy reboarding the boat.
Emilio

I have not made this drive in like 30 years! Used to do it alot with my van loaded with gear and zodiac boat with a 35 hp engine. Did it this time with a 2012 outback subaru ..Wife wanted the dogs to join us and I will not have them fly. Had to stop for about 4 hours ,took a little 4hr nap at a rest stop.. Went to Speigel today in the afternoon..Got our butts kicked with the current..I gauge it at possibly as much as 3kts.Pulled ourselves to mooring buoy and I called it there. Went to City of Washington,got bored and went back to boat after 20 minutes..[/QUOTE

Yikes how come you didnt like the city?

I have not made this drive in like 30 years! Used to do it alot with my van loaded with gear and zodiac boat with a 35 hp engine. Did it this time with a 2012 outback subaru ..Wife wanted the dogs to join us and I will not have them fly. Had to stop for about 4 hours ,took a little 4hr nap at a rest stop.. Went to Speigel today in the afternoon..Got our butts kicked with the current..I gauge it at possibly as much as 3kts.Pulled ourselves to mooring buoy and I called it there. Went to City of Washington,got bored and went back to boat after 20 minutes..[/QUOTE

Yikes how come you didnt like the city?
I was cold, vis was not the best, looked for photo op's and my head was not in to it..I guess I am spoiled by diving Bonaire too much :) Going to Roatan in April..

Yeah, Todd called me and said you guys had called it on the Spiegel. Weird as it was calm this morning.

Anyway, I told him to offer you the Duane or a deep ledge drift? Why don't we try the drift tomorrow PM?

---------- Post added February 25th, 2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

Looking at the moon whilst walking the dog:) guess were on a spring tide then, hence the current.

QUOTE=reefman;6656097]22FT procat power catameran CC . we were moored on SG4, portside crane,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo[/QUOTE]
we are about 2 houses down from you right now as per Elena..Staying at a friends recently purchased home here..seen you boat in its davits..nice ride..I have a 21' privateer back at home in NY,,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom