Heliox ccr controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike smith

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone actually seen the Heliox ccr controller or have a
picture of their controller?

Mike,

what Heliox CCR controller are you referring to?
Heliox is used in CCRs already for deep diving as diluent. It is still used in combination with O2 in the other tank.
Are you referring to a controller that mixes pure He and O2?
That would leave the diver without a breathable diluent, which would make diluent flushes useless ... . Never heard of that.

You could stick Pure Helium as the diluent in any CCR and it would work fine. The RB couldn't give a monkey what you use as a diluent providing it can lower the PO2

However you as the other bit on the loop might not be happy having a diluent you cant breath if you flush the loop and that you cant bail out to. But providing you plan for this its fine. No different from using Hypoxic trimix diluent

So here are my Heliox controllers
Inspiration Controllers
Hammerhead Controllers

scubahubby:
I assume he is referring to www.heliox.com I have seen a prototype, very very nice.
Another CCR controller from Heliox. Duh!
Where did you see the prototype?
That site has been up for over a year and only gotten smaller.
They own (or used to) cis-lunar.com, took you right to their
useless site. Disappointing if you expect Cis info.
No pics, not much info ... chances are vaporware.

Sorry guys,what I mean ccr setpoint controller from Heliox.com.There do not have pictures on there products,There seem to keep a low profile on there products.
Don't know why???

madmole:
You could stick Pure Helium as the diluent in any CCR and it would work fine. The RB couldn't give a monkey what you use as a diluent providing it can lower the PO2

However you as the other bit on the loop might not be happy having a diluent you cant breath if you flush the loop and that you cant bail out to. But providing you plan for this its fine. No different from using Hypoxic trimix diluent

So here are my Heliox controllers
Inspiration Controllers
Hammerhead Controllers

Folks,

As much as I respect the Mad Mole, and admit he's been doing this a l-o-o-o-n-g time, I must respectfully disagree with the idea of putting a cylinder load of pure inert gas in your CCR. Should anything go wrong, your trip to oblivion will be a lot shorter. Also, if you strip your system down to hypoxic levels at the cellular level, even if we can get to you in time, we will not be able to resuscitate you.

Sorry, Mole, but it is a truly bad idea. IANTD spcifically recommends against it as well.

Hey scubahubby,

How about posts a picture for viewing??? I be grateful

I did say that the other bit on the loop (ie you) would not be happy if you had to breath it and I personally wouldn't do it, but many many folks do dive hypoxic mixtures on their rebreathers every day, 10/50 and 5/70 are quite common

I would quite happily do it but would make sure that my bailout was not conencted to the Helium tank (which my system is rigged to be able to do)

We do have Inspiration folks who dive Heliox only and they seem to survive fine. Interestingly they are doing dopler testing of Heliox diving and seeing a much quicker and more intense arrival of bubles compared to trimix when on Buhlman type tables. RGBM models give much better bubble scores on Heliox

Commercial divers often dive with Helium/O2 systems only and Holder Comex have even played with Hydrogen/Oygen systems at 500m!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom