a few pics from molasses today, 7/6/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
timg and myself joined bob and lisa on their vessel for a planned quick 2 tanker on MO this AM. mdt+ current deep so we elected to drop on M7(refered to as northstar by dive OPS); 2-3ft seas, sloppy lie, dusty blue water, viz only 35-45FT(dive OPs moored near us reported 70+ on facebook this PM; NOT HARDLY!), light current, water temp 82F @ 25-44FT. only one 105 minute dive(quiet today on the reef). pics from timg,,,,,,,,,,,

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 112
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 113
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 107
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 104
  • untitled5.jpg
    untitled5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 93
  • untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 97
  • untitled7.jpg
    untitled7.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 97
Cool. But, where's all the Glassy Sweepers??

Kevin

timg and myself joined bob and lisa on their vessel for a planned quick 2 tanker on MO this AM. mdt+ current deep so we elected to drop on M7(refered to as northstar by dive OPS); 2-3ft seas, sloppy lie, dusty blue water, viz only 35-45FT(dive OPs moored near us reported 70+ on facebook this PM; NOT HARDLY!), light current, water temp 82F @ 25-44FT. only one 105 minute dive(quiet today on the reef). pics from timg,,,,,,,,,,,

Cool. But, where's all the Glassy Sweepers??

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.
We were further north, on mooring buoy 7, pretty far from the sweepers. Have not seen a big school of them this year so far, just a few here and there under ledges.

Here are some from another dive on Fire Coral Cave/Permit Ledge on the south end of Molasses.

_DSC0795-257.jpg_DSC3864.jpg

Nice Pics... and reefman, you are a stud. I wish I could get 105 minutes @44' on an al.80 :D

no stud here! dove with a 100HP steel @ 3450PSI. did return to the boat with 850PSI,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Very nice Tim. Phil you have beeen leaving your boat at the dock lately?

Very nice Tim. Phil you have beeen leaving your boat at the dock lately?

yeah! it's great to dive off anothers boat, especially when it's 36FT long/ three 300HP merc engines and i dont have to clean and pull the boat out. hope to go out in my boat in the next few days. thankfully we opted to forgo diving today, big storms offshore,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

yeah! it's great to dive off anothers boat, especially when it's 36FT long/ three 300HP merc engines and i dont have to clean and pull the boat out. hope to go out in my boat in the next few days. thankfully we opted to forgo diving today, big storms offshore,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Thats a nice boat. 2-3s are a joke for that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom