St Andrews conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belairbrian

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in Nicecille for a week
would like to take son (AJow) and daughter (JOW)
Over to St Andrews in the next few
days
any condition reports or recommendations?

Probably not so great right now. It just got done storming for like the last week. I'd give it a couple more days to settle down a bit, although the surf was looking exponentially better today than it was even yesterday.

Thanks, over here the winds died around 4
The bay went flat but vis is only around 10

Well, thought I'd post back and let folks know how it went. This was my daughters first time in the ocean.
We went over on Tuesday morning. Got there around 0930 (High Tide was 1051). Got a Parking spot right by the pavillions and set up the gear. Crossed the boardwalk and entered in the kiddy pool. A short snorkel later we were crossing the jetty at the buoy. water was calm and we made a decent to around 30 ft. Found an old cable and tied of the dive flag to it. Spent the dive exploring within 20 ft of the flag along the jetty.

This little fella was hanging around most of the dive.
P1010024v2.jpg

Came back over the jetty and poked around a little more. got overrun by a group of lady fish.

Finally surfaced and got a great late fathers day gift. Daughter's face was lit up like Christmas morning.

By the time we got packed up the lot was completely full. Could have sold my space for some serious bucks.
Only problem of the day ws navigating out of the lot in my dually pick up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom