Grand Bahama Dive Op recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Sailor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I am heading down to Grand Bahama next Thursday and I am interested in opinions on local dive outfits. I hope to dive Friday through Monday and be in the water as much as possible. Based on previous threads here, I was planning on going with Fred and crew at Grand Bahama Scuba. BUT I just learned that they are closed on Saturday and dedicate Sunday to classes, so they are only good for Friday and Monday.

I would appreciate any feedback on other local dive ops (and anything else about the island that I should know, first time to the Bahamas).

Thanks!

Kevin

I like to dive with UNEXSO. They have nice sized boats with great crews & go out every. I seen them referred to as cattle boats, but I've never experienced that. They also do a great shark dive.

Thanks G'Diddy. I am going to check them out when I get down to the island. I have three of the four dive days set and they may get the fourth.

Actually, they're technically neither(Or both?). The main op is on the island of New Providence to the south west. Nassau, the city is to the North East.
I'm given to believe, although i've not been there, Stuart has opened up at the Old Bahama bay resort to the western end of Grand Bahama. The "city" of which is Freeport some distance east from there and to the southern tip of the island.

Stuart Cove's Tiger Beach Seafaris Located at Old Bahama Bay Resort, West End, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas. Tiger beach shark diving.

And so i demonstrate a known and documented fact.......no one likes a smart ass. :mooner:
Sorry.

Sorry again , I went to Nassau on a cruise 3 years ago and was picked up at the docks by a Stuart Coves driver that took us to the other side of the island and we dove with Stuarts Cove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom