I will NOT shoot you tormenting a Pufferfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fixed that for you. :thumb:

This one:

128783385418612633.jpg

I was eating chocolate - now I have a ZILLION brown specks all over my laptop screen !!!! :shakehead:

They are not... some of them have different facial expressions... (see below) Besides... Wouldn't a Puffer Fish THAT BIG that's been speared, be leaking or something out of the spear holes? bubbles or something? :rofl3:
jenny_copy.jpg

If you don't torment them, you can't get the light bulb in them

Attachments

• puffer fish.jpg
    puffer fish.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 313
Very similar - as a group they were UW holding the sea slug. There was even text, on how no harm came to the sea slug, and how it was gently rolled in the sand by the DM, and ALOHA written on it, for them to hold and get their pic taken.

Geez, I'll be getting gloves for protection, not as an excuse to touch everything.

Where were you when this happened?!? I had a very similar thing happen diving Tunnels beach with Fathom Five. The DM wrote Aloha in the "silt" on a sea slug, pulled a Spanish Dancer nudi off the reef to try and get it to do it's dance and regularly pulled starfish off the reef to put in the groups hands. I was really shocked at all the glove wearing divers on the boats in Kauai and how just about every one of them groped the reef and critters like they were their prom dates.

View attachment 110520

Funnier than when WKRP in Cincinnati dropped turkeys from a helicopter.

We now have the giant inflated floating RC shark, a giant puffer would provoke more panic, instead of laughs.
[video=youtube;6yI0Oms3xh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yI0Oms3xh4[/video]

those are real.... here's a clip from a news paper article a few years ago of one being pulled out of the sea....

Marvelpuffs.jpg

None of you guys are helping my cause.

:shakehead:

While I am not helping your cause directly, I want to express my full support of your philosophy of minimizing harm/bother to underwater creatures. If only every diver cared as much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom