Monterey Shootout this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have talked directly to them then why are still on a campaign here on ScubaBoard? If you come to Acton to take place in a reading and comprehension competition I promise you I'll buy the beers and tape the competition for you.

Were you a member that feels like they were treated unfairly or are you just trying to stir up ****? Were the rules fair? Yes I believe they were. Admittedly you might have a tiny edge (knowing and understanding settings and composition) if you are an accomplished photographer topside but put a camera in a divers hands and no matter who they are topside, they will be a beginner for the first 50 dives (I think that was a rule).

I also don't think that a professional photographer should be entered as a beginner, but without knowing what photos were actually in the entire beginner category, it's hard to say what the competition was. Though looking through all the photos makes me feel good about some of my own efforts since I started taking underwater pics in June.

What do you expect Chuck to tell you? Maybe he'll hand you a tissue.

.....and then some drunk troll jumped in.......

This drunk troll is just trying to politely introduce common sense to you but it seems there is no room in your cranium for common sense. Keep crying and whining. Bottom line is, you lost. Your pictures were not deemed of winning quality. Suck it up and get over it. I just hope that by next year you are able to grow up and accept decisions that you've made by then so we do not have to listen to you whining over losing again. Read the rules and decide BEFORE entering. And if $70 is the end of the world to you then perhaps you should not be using it on photography competitions.

Let's compare:
Beginner's Winner
01.jpg

Intermediate WA Traditional Winner:
01.jpg

There is a world of difference between these two shots.

Heck, compare it against the Intermediate WA Traditional HM3
06.jpg

Looking through the photos I'd say Bryan was in the right category.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom