suggestions for a dive trip to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travis B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to head to the west coast for a 10 day dive trip and having never been diving there i would like some suggestions,, i am looking to make up an itinerary for diving shore and some charters aswell. Any suggestions are apreciated and ill be looking for buddies to dive with while out there aswell,,
thank you in advance for the help :D

If you are going to Vancouver Island a stop in Nanaimo to dive the wrecks off Snake Island should be on your itinerary. The wrecks are the Saskatchewan and Cape Breton. If you get to the north end of the island Browning Pass is another must do on your list.

i do plan to dive these wrecks,i hear lots of good about them,,they sound like great dives. is there a charter company to contact or specific dive shop i should look for?

There is also the Seadragon that runs charters to the wrecks and Snake wall, not sure if they have a website if not check with Shirley at the Nanaimo dive outfitters.

Al

I have dove the wrecks and they are a must do, for anyone that is going there. There are also quite a few nice dive sites in the bay. One I really enjoyed was wolf eel hotel, we found quite a few wolf eels and a couple of the giant octopus, they weren't huge but still a good size.

Thanks for the help and keep it coming :) What is this wolf eel hotel? im guessing a popular spot to see some wolf eels :)

Sea Dragon does charters out of Nanaimo for the wrecks. Campbell river area also has some great diving and a few operators do charters from there, and the Port hardy area is amazing if you can get up there. Sun fun divers does day charters from that area. Browning Pass Hideaway or Gods pocket are 2 all inclusive dive resorts near Port Hardy. Can probably arrange a 3-4 day trip with either of them. Otherwise keep an eye out here as there are usually people posting dives regularly around the Vancouver area.

Thank you again i have looked into the resorts and am also wondering about shore diving site for when im travelling around, and sources to find buddies to dive with.

the broken group island is also an amazing place to dive. Just goggle it and dive charter companies should pop up. also if you are passing through port Alberni Im always looking for a dive buddy and there are a few great shore dives here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom