PADI elearning courses VS buying on Ebay.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IT also appears that OLY5050user is doing the simulation option vice any water time. Which of course means the Facility does not have any other costs except Instructors time, and PIC. So if your familiar with the rates of revenue sharing and the reduced cost of PICs in PADI Americas the benifit for the facility is that they get another con ed # and the E-learning customer spends time in the store.

I have never done a cert via the simulation method.

Cheers,
Roger

IMHO, the online course is not as good of a value and is only open to the student for 12 months. I personally like my library of dive references including all off my course books. While the information is the same weather it's online or in a book, a computer cannot reword something or clarify it if you don't fully understand it.

Also, I like the idea of supporting the local dive shops or independent instructors in your area. It builds good networking and relationships with other divers.

Ah, I see. That can't leave much left-over for instructor pay/profit then?

I suppose it works if you are an IRRA member - getting cheaper PICs and more share from the Elearning?
Thats how it works..Instructor gets paid from the facility for their time ..Not much time to do this now. Facility hopes student buys a computer if they do not have one already.

you have to be carefull too as padi changes there materials every2yrs or so make sure its the up to date stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom