Dive Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Mike, oops, did not mean to invade your trip report. i will move these. happy diving bro!

Thanks Mike, oops, did not mean to invade your trip report. i will move these. happy diving bro!

Dude, I can care less what people post, lol I do not feel like my post is hijacked or whatever, I like fossils and if you want to post some pics then GREAT, post away~!!!!!

I don't have many pics from the Cooper trip Saturday since I forgot my camera. So I'm gonna post what I have here. Sorry you missed it Aeromike, but we'll hook up and do it again.

Conditions were pretty sucky above water. Cold in the morning and very strong winds pretty much all day. Water was 59 - 62 degrees depending on which thermometer you believed. Viz wasn't too terrible in the current.

1238050254_juyur-M.jpg

Big but battered.

1239399104_D9Hsg-M.jpg

1239399168_PnQPP-M.jpg

There were more smaller teeth I just don't have any pics.

We did two shorter dives using 1/2 a tank each time. 29 feet for 45 minutes at the first site and 24 feet for 48 minutes at a second.

I thumbed the third dive after 15 minutes because I was under weighted after swapping to an aluminum tank. I was too chilled and did not care to continue the dive. Brandon surfaced 75 minutes later. The wind made warming up between dives all but impossible.

Cpt. Phill knows the Cooper like the back of his hand and is very accommodating. Give him a shout if you want to dive the Cooper. We didn't find much this time but that's just how it is sometimes.

1238050023_h2oVV-M.jpg

We also saw quite a few of these and some Bald Eagles that I also don't have pics of.:shakehead:

Yeah, it sure sucked. I got the message at work on Thursday that all engineers were mandatory to work Saturday, no exceptions and since i was scheduled to work Sunday, I had to work both days. We need to get back into the Edisto and also get into the ACE basin. Some really nice teeth are there. Did your spike work pretty good? I had my new one all set and ready to go, but next time.

I might go diving this coming Saturday by wading in the Edisto and see what happens. you're welcome to join if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom