Vintage double hose regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is an absolute beauty condition-wise - complete re-do, by any chance? That's what I had done to the Voit, but it's tooking a bit tatty these days.

There really isn't a vintage scene in PG, I only got into it myself because it allowed me to get closer to smaller, more skittish creatures for photography purposes. From there it was only a small step to ditching bouyancy aids and just using a backplate.

If I'm in 15m or less, close to the shore, with a boat nearby, and a decent swimmer, what's the point of a BCD? Come to that, I'll come up when the tank's near empty, which I can figure out myself at about 30-35 Bar, so let's drop SPG and computer. Come to think of it, I dive solo, so let's get rid of the octo. Oh, and it's warm, so bugger the wetsuit. Put the weights on the cam band, to balance the heavy Jet fins, and I get rid of my weight belt, too.

Result is I can pack mask, reg, plate, fins, booties in a carry-on, and it's all I need.

Yes, it is a complete re-do :D Re-chromed, new label, new hoses and mouthpiece (silicones coming soon), silicone diaphragm and all the other doo-dads associated with it.

What plate perchance do you use with your DHs and do you set it up between your shoulder blades? I guess with a harness, then you can really just pack it all in a carry-on :D

I have been known to use a Halcyon backplate (minus donut), just to annoy my techie friends, but usually it's an 60's / 70's Dacor plate with a single cam band which I got on ebay for about 10 bucks. I think Chip has a photo somewhere.

As for setting the whole thing up, it's easy - just put the cam band as far up the tank as possible, so the bottom of the tank is actually resting on the top of your butt.

He's talking about this bad boy:

n507300755_989633_7871.jpg

I use a regular AL backplate and use the crotch strap to keep it down low. And pardon me for thinking larry spoke about a scene in PG - I tune out 90% of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Looks like you need to start a scene, Ed. :)

Wow. The tank really DOES sit on top of the butt...

Anyway, to create a scene would require at least two divers, so unless one of you relocates back here, or I can find another DH and convince a buddy to try it out...

Speaking of other DHs, the eBay thing didn't push through. The bid for this thing went too high, even considering its condition:

016_resize-30.jpg

I'm actually looking for a beat up old reg that I can recondition and post "before and after" photos. It doesn't even need to have hoses...

Bah, that was ages ago - look, I'm still using an SPG!

Dare I even ask what SBS is? :D

Larry, I found your old photo:

_MG_3113a.jpg

Looks much better than the one above, neh? :D

That photo's a collector's item, taken by the onel and only Mike Veitch! There's another photo where I'm wearing a novelty tee-shirt and kneeling next to my reg. Where is it? Grrrr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom