Where in Phillipines to see LOTS of fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you can't go wrong with Anilao....

fancy playing, with the jacks in Twin Rocks, Anilao?

5254356280_e911a0bb6f_b.jpg

2151069187_aa401b88b2_o.jpg

with the sardines in Bahura gitna (Middle Reef)?

4705523495_c41e7959f8_b.jpg

with some Barracudas in Mainit, Anilao?

3983930028_d6b8ac5201_o.jpg

with some Anemone fishes in Dead Palm?

227901999_6360034527_o.jpg

with some Froggy in Kirby's Rock?

904553425_db37db084c_o.jpg

with a cuttlefish in Daryl Laut wreck?

905392614_4ab0d30904_o.jpg

904533013_f1797ada89_o.jpg

ps - get a good (dive) guide and you will surely have a blast diving here.

Last edited:
Wow Clgsamson those pcitures are great. I was initially looking at Anilao and then I am hearing Moalboal is good too. Hmm. This is going to be a hard decision.

I want to be able to book myself and save (like I did for Roatan) so PG is now off the table as I don't want to have to do the van + ferry thing.

Where do you stay in Anilao and who do you dive with?

I stay at Aquaventure Reef Club and dive with Divenet (Hernel and Joy Castillo, www.divenetphil.com ). Many of the PPDers have used Hernel and Joy's dive outfit/services through the years.

You can email/contact the resort directly, though. They have their own dive guides (Abet and Alan). Don't forget to ask for the local rates on lodging and diving.

Thanks for the comment on the pics.

ps - By the way, have you looked at Sogod Bay, Southern Leyte diving? sorry I know I'm just adding more to your confusion of where to dive. Google Napantaw Marine Sanctuary or Padre Burgos night dive and you'll understand why I'm saying this. :wink:

Betty, eventually you'll have to choose...:shakehead: And as I've said before, I doubt any of the PI destinations will let you down...:coffee: If you go to Anilao, you are just 20 minutes away from the ferry to PG, so 1h20min from PG... I'm sure you'd be happy just staying in Anilao... But if you get the itch for a change mid trip (or are curious about the dive sites of PG), mooving to PG is definetly an easy option from there!

Just food for thought!

Wow Clgsamson those pcitures are great. I was initially looking at Anilao and then I am hearing Moalboal is good too. Hmm. This is going to be a hard decision.

I want to be able to book myself and save (like I did for Roatan) so PG is now off the table as I don't want to have to do the van + ferry thing.

This list of resorts will help you out:

ScubaBoard - Anilao

+1 for Joy and Hernel. I was also an aquaventure regular before, but there are many resorts in Anilao to choose from to suit what you are looking for.

Beautiful pictures clgsamson. Thanks for posting them.

Yow, great shots Caloy! I'm curious though. You mentioned "ask for local rates". Would an outfit like Aquaventure typically give those rates to someone coming in from outside the Phillipines just because they asked for them? If so, I'll tell them Caloy sent me! :eyebrow: // ww

ps--The anemone shot from Dead Palm is wonderfully lit. Quite striking!

Yow, great shots Caloy! I'm curious though. You mentioned "ask for local rates". Would an outfit like Aquaventure typically give those rates to someone coming in from outside the Phillipines just because they asked for them? If so, I'll tell them Caloy sent me! :eyebrow: // ww

ps--The anemone shot from Dead Palm is wonderfully lit. Quite striking!

yes they will, and yes you can tell them I sent you :D.

Thanks for the comment on the pic. I took that pic with my photo mentor, Mike Veitch, beside me. He's now in Lembeh running NAD resort.

@Hank - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom