USS Kittiwake-Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure wish the sinking could wait 3 more days for us to arrive on our Cayman vacation :D

Our next dive trip to Grand Cayman is mid-February so this is great news to us! Now our new condo is ready and we have a new wreck to dive hopefully for years to come.

AH!!! I'm so bummed out!!! I don't get onto the Island til about 6pm local time Tuesday *cries* And I so wanted to see it go down personally

The one concern I have is how can they sink a ship that is about 50 ft. tall in 63 ft. of water? I know they want to cater to snorkelers but won't this thing get battered and possibly destroyed with the first hurricane?

The one concern I have is how can they sink a ship that is about 50 ft. tall in 63 ft. of water? I know they want to cater to snorkelers but won't this thing get battered and possibly destroyed with the first hurricane?

Good point. It may end up on shore. I pray they don't have any more cat 5 hurricanes or cat 4 for that matter. They've seen enough destruction (remembering Ivan.)

There's a lot about this wreck that only makes sense when you look at it from the viewpoint of making quick money.

I have no doubt that it will be a money maker, with all the snorkelers that will pack onto it when there's a cruise ship in town, and good for the local economy.

All the best, James

Wrecks in over 100' will get battered by a 'cane, especially if there is no shallow reef offshore to trip the swells. All 'canes mess with the bottom, both wrecks and natural. A battered wreck is generally a better and more interesting dive than one that just got dropped.

AH!!! I'm so bummed out!!! I don't get onto the Island til about 6pm local time Tuesday *cries* And I so wanted to see it go down personally

OK. Just for you, we'll delay the sinking one day.
:acclaim:

Well... maybe the wind forecast has something to do with it, but the sinking has officially been delayed until Wednesday.

Really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom