Lake Travis Scuba 7-25-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This thread is not intended as a discussion about the accident that happened, I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Lake Travis Scuba for its response to a call for help.

To the Giant Stride's crew :
I heard about Sunday and all I can say is good on you guys, it was very professional and nothing but a first class response to a call for help. I am sure it was not easy for Robert, Andy and Ellen but as hard as I know it was you did a great service for the victim's family, a quick recovery provided a great service to an already horrible nightmare. Thank you.

Paul Werner

What we did took no thought, just use of the skills acquired through our training and the desire to put those skills into action during a emergency. The real kuddos go to Andy and Ellen for recovering the victim without hesitation. It is too bad that the police report issued to the news neglected to recognize them and mistakenly recognized LCRA rescuers for the effort.

I am proud to have the quality divemasters and shuttle operator working with Lake Travis Scuba. It is a testimony to their commitment to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to our guests.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Hey Robert, thanks for such a great time this weekend... diving with you guys was fun. Not once did I feel uncomfortable on the boat, or with either of the DMs. They were very helpful and their advice, as well as yours, has already set me on the road to becoming a better diver. Your entire crew is spectacular, and they make the experience more than enjoyable.

Sorry to hear about the incident Sunday afternoon. I am betting, though, that regardless of whether or not the news recognized the skilled efforts of your crew, there's a family out there who will appreciate the recovery efforts more than they could ever express in words.

I just wanted to say thank you to Robert and all his Divemasters. Thank you for making my friends so comfortable on your boat Sunday before the events that afternoon. We were so shocked when we heard the news after just being there that morning. I hope you all are doing ok after the event and our thoughts and prayers go out for the family. It is so sad a beautiful day turned so tragic.

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

The Statesman has updated the story, but omits Ellen's brave contribution and still erroneously claims that law enforcement dive teams were involved. I've contacted the Statesman about the errors and omissions and suggested to them there may be a feature story of some kind about the dive community and its efforts and willingness to help out in these kinds of situations. It is not by accident that there is a dive community here that is trained and willing to help. It is only possible because of many dive shops, dive operators, instructors, volunteer teams, and divers.

I found out more about the victim. His funeral services are pending in Waco. He is going to be be missed greatly by his many friends.

Everyone should post on the news sites so they know the truth.

Good work to all involved.

FYI.........news gets there information from the public information officer and as you have noticed there is a disparity in stories between what law enforcement has released (the government) and what you have read from the eye witness accounts of people who were there..............details

sorry :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom