My hat is off to Doug and the whites team!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
A challenge well sort of was issued to Doug and Whites, I was in need of a drysuit immediately due to a 30lb weight loss from living in Africa for ten months and my custom fitted DUI cf200x was no longer custom fitted, more of a large bag on my frame. And a rebreather course coming up that I could not postpone any further.

The guys/gals were able to get me outfitted with a fusion with all the bells and whistles in a couple of days. Well done, and to top it all off they were more than friendly and willing to help which I cant say of many of the other dry suit manufactures I have talked to in the past (IMO)

When this suits dives as well as I am expecting it to tomorrow, I can guarantee that you will have me as a customer for life. There is a lot to be said about customer service, which in my experiences is severely lacking in this industry(both manufactures and dive shops) and these boys are pointing in the right direction, rather refreshing to have someone willing to help Will post a review of how it handles with my revo sat/sun!!!

Doug, next time I am over to the island (promise it not to be a whirl wind trip) lunch/supper with a few beverages will be on me.

Thanks for all the help greatly appreciated!!!!!!

I should also thank Aquasport here in Calgary for getting me into a suit pretty much immediately, when I walked in the door, I was not expecting that to happen at all, and figured I would have to tape the neck seal o my old suit to my neck again(not a fun experience!!)

Steve

Hey Steve, thanks again for the kind words, next time you are on the island by all means look me up, maybe if time allows a quick dive could be done before the beverages?
Cheers Doug.

Agreed! Doug is made of awesome and hopefully I'll be diving all toasty warm in a Fusion Bullet soon!!! :D

Agreed! Doug is made of awesome and hopefully I'll be diving all toasty warm in a Fusion Bullet soon!!! :D

How much is Doug paying all you guys? Ha ha ha just kiddin. Good work Doug!

Well I have been invoicing Doug for every bit of press I give him. Although I have yet to see any of my invoices paid yet. Hmm.. me thinks I should stop. All kidding aside though Doug was pleasant to deal with and I wish I would have had more time to spend in Vic when I was there, but driving over in the middle of the night and pretty much back the next day kind of makes for short visits back to the island.

Darcey:

You will like the fusion, I had a slight learning curve on mine and am adapting to it rather fast. Not that the suit has a huge learning curve, I just learned on a suit that had the wrong placement of a dump valve which involved a lot of weird positions to dump the suit, which I still find myself doing occasionally. Other than that be careful of the suspenders sliding through the holders on the suit and getting caught causing a tight crotch feeling.

Steve

Hey Steve,
got your invoices, the check is in the mail:D

[SNIP]
I had a slight learning curve on mine and am adapting to it rather fast. Not that the suit has a huge learning curve, I just learned on a suit that had the wrong placement of a dump valve which involved a lot of weird positions to dump the suit, which I still find myself doing occasionally. Other than that be careful of the suspenders sliding through the holders on the suit and getting caught causing a tight crotch feeling.

Steve

Hi, I'm also a new Fusion owner and had some problems with venting air (described in thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/advanced-scuba-discussions/333366-problem-fusion-drysuit-poor-venting.html
).

I'll be diving it again less than a week after a 3 month dry period :yeahbaby: and I am still interested in hearing any tips or tricks. Just what did the learning curve involve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom