Outbid on Ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csicnomore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:shocked2:In the last hour of an auction I'd been watching on a pair of FF Excellerators, I finally bid $213 and it held till the last 2 minutes, then several quick bids from others coming close to my max bid of $350, so I rapidly changed my max bid to $400 with a couple of auto bids to that amount and someone bid $405 in the last second! (the winner's probably reading this lol!):D

Hence the need to "autobid" your true maximum amount. That way, you either win or you walk away shaking your head at the idiot that paid too much.

Better luck next time.

For $400 you could buy a pair of the new "Hockey" Fins. As much as I like my Excellerators - the "Hockey" fin is much more versatile.

This used to happen to me frequently... there's almost always someone out there who feels the item is worth just a little bit more. That's capitalism.

I always put my max bid in with an odd number added on 103, 111, etc.

drbill, that's not capitalism. What we have is some one who is smart and knows the value of Force Fin Products. My fins are ART and will increase in value, watch what happens in the near future. Capitalism is manufacturing fins for $7.50 cents and selling them with a 400 percent margin to unsuspecting customers.

Last edited:
Bob, your fins are functional art and there is not a week that goes by that I am not in the Atlantic using them!

what is goes to show the quality of the product. a used fin is still selling for $400+

I actually did buy a set of the "Hockey Fins" and they are worth every penny and I was willing to go out and spend the same amount on $780 Excellerators, still a good deal in my book. I have 4 pair of Bob's fins and use them all. As a disabled veteran I don't do so hot on land, but in the water with the help of these fins I don't do to bad. Keep making 'em Bob! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom