Reef House Trip Report and Slideshow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loved the pictures and report but I thought I'd make a couple of comments.

The atmosphere - real homes and real people - are what make RHR so special. Roatan is a real place with real people that live in poverty every single day. I think the bay behind the resort is one of the most picturesque places I've ever been. I just love watching the daily commuters going to work or school in their tiny little boats and taxi boats. It doesn't get more authentic than that. If you take pictures from the hill to the east of the resort on the main island, you'll have a picture of a lifetime. What a beautiful place.

You are not really isolated on the key. You can easily stand out on the channel and wave and a water taxi will be there in a minute or two. They can take you to any of 3 or 4 stores where you can get all the food and snacks you can handle. Most people don't take advantage of this because they are nervous of the surroundings but that fear is unwarranted during the day. Nice people that mostly speak english are everywhere.

Thanks for a great trip report. We have a group of 15 going in September and it's reports like this that folks can read to get a real perspective on what to expect.

You are right Ncchuck, the people in general are poor by our standards but happy with the few things they have. It is humbling to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom