Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man I love a story with a happy ending! Great work Aquahound and all those that added to the search.

I would like to thank you all for your help finding us and I've read all the posts on 29 pages and it was real fun and interesting to read. I was surprised in how everybody wanted to help Aquahound in returning the camera to it's owner by mailing to friends who work in aviation or by googling for words etc. Great how you all worked together! I hope we will never loose a camera again but if we do I know who to contact haha. The turtle was fun too, it gave an extra touch to this story. I will never forget this and a great story to tell everyone. Thanks guys (and girls)!

Greetings Mandy

The camera's owner commented on the video:

YouTube - Sea Turtle Finds Lost Camera
BruinAruba 7 hours ago
This is hilarious! I was just approached by a woman at school who asked me if I lost my camera and we have. That was in november and she told me that a turtle caught it and that our pictures were on it. I can't stop smiling, this is unbelieveble! All the way from Aruba! I gave my adress to this woman so she will contact you aquahound1. Thanks a lot!
Aquahound1 1 hour ago
Mr. Bruin - I am very excited to get your camera back to you. Hunting you down was a challenge. The woman you spoke to has been a great help. I'm still amazed it floated all the way to Key West. I will be shipping it Fed-Ex to you tomorrow.
I would like to thank you all for your help finding us and I've read all the posts on 29 pages and it was real fun and interesting to read. I was surprised in how everybody wanted to help Aquahound in returning the camera to it's owner by mailing to friends who work in aviation or by googling for words etc. Great how you all worked together! I hope we will never loose a camera again but if we do I know who to contact haha. The turtle was fun too, it gave an extra touch to this story. I will never forget this and a great story to tell everyone. Thanks guys (and girls)!

Greetings Mandy
Howdy Mandy! Welcome to Scubaboard, a big place we call home. Sorry it took so long.... :eyebrow:

Thanks for posting, Mandy. Are you the woman Julia met with? Is that you in the restaurant photo? You'll have your camera, Ikelite housing, and memory card shortly.:D

- Paul

:cool3: Big thumbs up to all who helped find the owners of the camera and a big hug to Aquahound for doing the right thing in the first place and looking for the owner. Great job all !

Greetings Mandy[/QUOTE]

By the way, this is the anchor where they were working on underwater and where they lost the camera. It's now a WW II monument on the Marine Barracks Savaneta to remember 4 dutch militaries who died on Eagle Beach Aruba while trying to disarm a torpedo fired by a German submarine U-156.

Attachments

• DSC08007.jpg
    DSC08007.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 738
Thanks for posting, Mandy. Are you the woman Julia met with? Is that you in the restaurant photo? You'll have your camera, Ikelite housing, and memory card shortly.:D

- Paul

Yes, that's me in the restaurant photo and Julia approached me at the Schakel with this amazing story. 6 months of drifting in the ocean! That's a great housing indeed :) To bad you don't live next door or else we could have taken you and your wife to dinner but there wouldn't be a story if we lived next door :wink: Maybe you can send it by FedEx on my expense? I don't know if they do that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom