Going too fast too soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elmer Fudd, I totally agree with Bob -- I really, really don't like being deep in Puget Sound on air or Nitrox; in fact, four years ago, I set a personal limit of 100 fsw because I'm just not at all happy below that. Helium makes a HUGE difference.

instead of focusing on collecting c-cards (because they mean pretty much nothing, other than a slight indication of your income), you should just dive more. unless you plan on being extremely helpful in rescuing other people, it's somewhat unnecessary.

but to answer your question - no, you aren't going too fast.

They seem insipid. A bit of anxiety, keeps you alert, some narc, cool, wrong formula a ha to much. Boom. Get the gas.

Is your fathers name Wormil ?

I would go easy first. I have cmas** and I wouldn't take cmas*** at all. I guess it is equal to dive master in padi and you are kind of responsible from the people you dive with. I see some ***'s around me who can't even figure out their bouy because they were too busy taking stars instead of diving.

You seem fine and learning. Tkae the rescue course. But like others said, dive without a babysitter(DM or instructor), in between all that training. Rescue is a great course. It was the most fun of all the courses I took, and it is the most fun for me to teach.
Agencies.hmph. Don't sweat them. The instructor you choose will make or break your course. Some follow the bare and clearly low minimum standards when teaching. Those are the ones that give the rest of us bad names. Really research and talk to instructors. Ask lots of pre-class questions and make sure they are willing to teach more than they Have to. And a good instructor will encourage you to dive. Just dive. Always learn and step up, but Dive. This is supposed to be something you love and have a deep passion for. If you aren't diving, you are not finding that real passion. Just card collecting won't make you a great passionate diver- diving will.

If its a reasonably priced class, you enjoy your instructor, it helps you get plugged into the local diving scene, and its something you can do with a loved one... I say keep doing what you're doing and enjoy yourself. Ya Mon!

Just make sure you gauge your abilities objectively, continue to learn, and keep diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom