Anyone using AVID media composer 4.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eville

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is anyone using AVID media composer 4.0. I can get this software at a lower cost than any of the others so I was hoping someone could comment on it. I know its used by some pro studios and I'm curious if its going to be too complicated for someone as green as me. Also, if you do use it what kind of system are you running it on? I have a macbook w/ 4 gigs of RAM and I have a feeling I'm going to be just squeeking by. Thanks.

Is anyone using AVID media composer 4.0. I can get this software at a lower cost than any of the others so I was hoping someone could comment on it. I know its used by some pro studios and I'm curious if its going to be too complicated for someone as green as me. Also, if you do use it what kind of system are you running it on? I have a macbook w/ 4 gigs of RAM and I have a feeling I'm going to be just squeeking by. Thanks.

Why not get Final Cut if you're on a mac?

Think of it like this, if someone can make a career out of an application then chances are it's fairly complex. If you're new to editing I would suggest staying away from Avid. It took me a while to become proficient at it and that's after years of making a living editing on Final Cut.

Billy

Are Avid Liquid user? If you buy the software you will get the Version 5 for free end of June. I edited with Avid Liquid 7 then with Edius 5 and now im trying Final Cut and Avid Media Composer. Final Cut is a very good software but I would wait for a new release because of the supported formats. Avid MC 4 is different to other systems because you can't drag and drop on the timeline with the mouse, this will be changed in Version 5.
I bought the MC4 for 431 Euro instead of 2100, this was a very good deal. When version 5 comes out I will start to edit with it. Avid is often used for movie editing, FC for documentaries. In Germany Final Cut is sometimes replacing Avid MC at TV stations. Both are industriy standards and both are very good. Final Cut has very fair price but needs expensive hardware, MC runs on PC or Mac.

I installed it on a MacBook Pro but at this time I can't say anything about performance.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom