Hotsuits Battery Heating Kidney Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suzzy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used the hotsuits battery heating kidney belt?

What are your reviews?

Thx

Anyone? The reason I ask is because I get so cold in the water that I struggle to finish the dive and am hoping there are something out there that can help with the issue.

The reason I ask is because I get so cold in the water that I struggle to finish the dive and am hoping there are something out there that can help with the issue.
There is something...a drysuit.

Anyone? The reason I ask is because I get so cold in the water that I struggle to finish the dive and am hoping there are something out there that can help with the issue.

I have an electric heating system in my drysuit. Beyond that a rebreather will help keep you warm...

The belt that Suzzy is refering to is not battery powered and is a sodium acetate jell state change pack ... Hotsuits Wetsuit Heaters....because every hour in the water counts

There is a new suit that has heating area in the back of suit, I think it might be a good idea for those that dive where the water is only moderatly colder during part of the year , to extend their dive season, and to use a much thinner suit then would be required otherwise ... Rip Curl .. Rip Curl USA | H-Bomb - World's First Power Heated Wetsuit | Introducing the H-Bomb

I'm not sure that she, being fresh out of OW, is going to go for a rebreather ;-)

I bought one of these for California diving but have not used it yet. I get cold when I'm on the boat. It also helps to have one of the boat coats. I've tried putting chemical hand warmers inside my boat coat and it does help.

Adam

Two of my dive buddies use these and comment that they do help them remain warmer.

Suzzy,
I have not used the battery powered Hotsuit system yet, but I did discover the reusable nonbattery Hotsuit heater last year. I used it on a trip to the NC outerbanks Memorial Day Weekend 2009. I was afraid that I would get cold on this trip so I purchased them. I was wearing a Henderson Hyperstretch 5 mm Two piece. On the second dive of the day my computer at depth read the temperature at 64 degrees. I quickly began to get chilly. I activated this heater and for the rest of the dive I was warm and happy! I highly recommend them.
The negative side is that while they are reusable, they must be boiled for 15 minutes to reactivate them (you cannot use a microwave). The heating packs are easily activated and can be activated accidentally. I carry the heating packs packed in foam rubber in a Rubbermaid container. I carry spare heating packs in case one gets activated accidentally.
If the new battery model is as effective as the chemical heater model then they will be great. I'm currently looking into them & talking with the manufacturer to get more info (e.g. depth rating, is there an on/off switch?). I'll let you know what I find out.

A friend had two battery powered heater pads that we played with several years ago on a cavern dive. They were ~ 8" X 6" pads connected to a battery pack that was mounted on the tank and connected by a cable. They worked well for the area in contact, but as far as the overall body heat, for me it didn't make a big difference.

On a side note, my motorcycle has heated hand grips and a heated seat and the two combined really do make a positive difference when I ride on a cold day.

I'm looking forward to what BublMaker finds.

I purchased several of the HotSuits chemical wetsuit heaters recently. I found the chemical pack kept me warm for 20 to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, I could sometimes feel the pack but didn't get enough heat from it to make a difference. The dives usually lasted about an hour. Because the chemical heater worked so well for 30 minutes, I've become very interested in the electic model and the longer heat time. Also, easier to find a place to plug in than to boil on a dive trip :)

I've been activating the heater before I zip up the wetsuit. Finding the activator button behind my back, under the wetsuit, in its waist belt, and mashing it successfully was taking too long for me during the dive. If the controls on the electric model permit easy on/off while diving, there is another big reason for me to go electric.

My son is in Australia taking a Divemaster course. I'm hoping to decide on the electric before he returns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom