Best Custom Wetsuit Manufacturer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Which of the custom wetsuit manufacurers make the best suit? I have access to a tailor for the measurement end; cost is not the overiding factor. How about the availabiltiy of options; zippers etc.?
Thanks

the only customs wetsuit i have used was from Hot Wave and it was a well put together suit and reasonably priced...

You may not need to get a custom suit. Pinnacle has quite a variety of off the rack suits. They also customize suits for a small fee rather than the typical exorbitant custom pricing most companies charge.

If it's a tropical suit the material is not as important, but if it is a cold water suit I'd not buy one that was made from anything but Rubatex GN-231.

It also depends on what type of wetsuit it is and what it's going to be used for.
There are great suit makers that specialize in recreational suits and others that make suits for commercial divers with a small market for recreational divers.
There are also suit makers that focus on freediving suits with a small market in commercial and recreational scuba suits.

Here are a few I know of:

M&B wetsuits in Long Beach, CA.
Aquaflite - mentioned earlier
JMJ wetsuits in Socal
Kettenhofen wetsuits also in Socal
Otter Bay wetsuits in Monterey, CA
Wetwear in FL

Do a Google search and I'm sure you'll come up with dozens.

Acronman Industries, if your going through Singapore. Awesome suits. I got around 800 dives out of my last one and the rubber was still springy. Great suits.

Wetwear did a fine job on my 5mm custom suit. Give them a call. They use Rubatex neoprene. I highly recommend the ez on zippers too.

I like the look of the wetware suits, but they do have an awful lot of seam.

Wetwear gets my vote!! They make an awesome suit and they use Rubatex nitrogen neoprene. I am never been warmer in a wetsuit than I am in theirs. They have a lot of neat options also and are always available to repair or alter their suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom