HP - The Half Blood Prince (nothing given away)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so after a full weekend of busting hump laying down decking on a deck, we went Sunday night to see Harry Potter....The Half Blood Prince.

It made a few detours from the book but nothing too drastic. But, it is def the most boring of the HP movies thus far. I would not spend the money to see it on the big screen a second time.....not even at the cheapie movie here in town.

The book was boring too as the whole purpose of it really is to set you up for the final book and conflict. So, I guess they match.

I wouldn't recommend not going to see it. There are a couple funny scenes and a couple exciting scenes...but for the most part....BOOOORRRINNGGGGGGGG.

I saw it last night. I want my money back.

Alan--refresh my memory on that one.

I found the movie just anticlimactic somehow---felt like the action scenes that definitely existed in the book were toned way down-even removed altogether--I presume in anticipation of making the final one more exciting.

I di like that the director very quietly emphasized the relationship between the three main characters.....that's definitely a nod to the final episode where those three are the singular focus.

I only noticed a couple places that detoured from the book myself. Other than some of the memories not being shown and a couple of fight scenes it seemed to follow the book closely.

The book was anticlimactic and ended with a funeral to setup the last book.

I remember saying at the time I read HBP that it read like JKR was phoning her assignment in rather than putting in the effort as she did in previous books. Why wouldn't the movie follow in the foot steps of the book?

I found number 7 to be just as anticlimactic as 6. Don't be surprised if there are a lot of posts that make that statement for number 7

The final fight scene in number 7 was shorter described than a Quidditch match

The movie should have been titled, Harry Potter and the Raging Teen Hormones, as so much of the "Half Blood Prince" plotline was omitted that it rendered the title almost absurd. While the book dealt with the recurring quest to discover who the Half Blood Prince was, the movie includes the references almost as though they were an afterthought.

I thought way too much time was spent on the romantic foibles of the characters, and not enough time on the elements that advanced the story and prepared the main characters for the final confrontation.

Yeah, the romantic elements were needed, but I think they could have been truncated to allow for more important story elements to be developed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom