butt pad for backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spacemanspiff1974

Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen the oxycheq butt pad that hangs just below a backplate for carrying a smb and an emergency signal. I've been thinking about getting something like this because I currently have mine bungeed to the side of my backplate. This seems to work ok except for the fact that once I pull the smb out it is out unless a buddy puts it back in the holder or I am on the boat.

I'm wondering who else makes this type of butt pad. I seem to remember packetsniffer having one of these on his meg rig, but I don't think it was oxycheq.

I'm not against going with oxycheq for a butt pad, but wanted to see more options before purchase.

Dive Rite used to have one, but I can't find it on their catalog any more :(

I have a deep outdoors double setup with a small pouch at the bottom. It will hold two liftbags or one lift bag and they say a 13cuft pony and a spare knife or jonline in the pouch. Have never used the friggin thing since I got my diverite setup! I'll let you have it for 20 bucks plus shipping.

Maybe the one I saw was a Dive-Rite which is no longer being made. I think - been a while so I'm not certain - that it was cut in a little bit like on a nomad rig. Is this what the dive-rite version looked like?

The dive rite pocket

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom