Purchasing gear from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chem

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As the GBP is rock-bottom low, a fair sum of money can be saved by purchasing UW gear in the UK and having it shipped to the Netherlands.

I'm quite specifically looking for a Suunto divewatch (2, actually) and i'm wondering wether anyone has any experience buying something from *within* the EU while living in the Netherlands.

And, does anyone have any experience regarding warranty etc. from specific web-diveshops in the UK?

Chem,

Suunto warranties are valid if purchased in the UK and delivered to another EU country. Why don'y you try Ebay UK a lot of reputable dive shops actually use it to sell items and you may pick-up a bargain. I sold a computer to a diver in France at the sart of the year. I had it delivered by courier and he could track the delivery. It only cost £16 UK.

Be aware though - if you buy a computer which has been owned by someone the warranty is not transferrable.

Hope this helps.

Joe at Diversinc

Chem,

Suunto warranties are valid if purchased in the UK and delivered to another EU country. Why don'y you try Ebay UK a lot of reputable dive shops actually use it to sell items and you may pick-up a bargain. I sold a computer to a diver in France at the sart of the year. I had it delivered by courier and he could track the delivery. It only cost Ž£16 UK.

Be aware though - if you buy a computer which has been owned by someone the warranty is not transferrable.

Hope this helps.

Joe at Diversinc
It's been a while, and I've purchased the D4's at Simplyscuba.com. Shipping was fast and well done, and being a EU citizen the warranty extends to my country as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom