Oriskany in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Me and my brother want to dive the Oriskany in May. We'll need a reasonably-priced motel somewhere west of Pensacola. Maybe drive five or ten miles to the boat docks. All I need is a place to SS&S, not being that particular about how many stars rating the place has. What recommendations do you have?

i am going in april and have a hotel for 4 nights and it only cost me 53 dollars a day. its a nice remada. check out hotels.com or some of the other internet sites!

brett

RustyS: Which Ramada is it?

IIRC the one on pensacola blvd. its the newer of the two and is about ten miles from the ocean. i booked it when i was planning on going by myself to take three classes and now my gf wants to go and i feel bad for being so far from the beach

brett

I'm so jealous of you guys. The Mighty O is one of the reasons I got into diving. Hope the trip turns out great for you.

If I were you, I'd go for Portofino--specifcally Tower 2, unit 1206. Sure it's not so west of Pensacola, but it is nice, and the owner is waaay cool--and a Divemaster as well.

There is a Suburban Lodge ( Extended Stay Hotel - Suburban Hotels ) on Barrancas that is reasonable, and central to dive shops and the various marinas where the boats live. On the Beach there is the Paradise Village ( Pensacola beach hotel, find pensacola beach hotels, Pensacola beach motel, hotels on pensacola beach, Paradise Inn, Pensacola Beach, Florida), a quirky little old Florida style place that's newly renovated and nice.

Call or drop me an email if you have any additional questions.

Capt. Jim
drdive@drdive.com
www.drdive.com

Me and my brother want to dive the Oriskany in May. We'll need a reasonably-priced motel somewhere west of Pensacola. Maybe drive five or ten miles to the boat docks. All I need is a place to SS&S, not being that particular about how many stars rating the place has. What recommendations do you have?

I second the Suburban Lodge for a clean inexpensive room on the west side of Pensacola. If you stop by MBT Divers which is right next door to the Suburban on Barrancas Ave, they'll give you a coupon for a discount off your stay. I believe a room with MBT's discount is about $70 and if you're splitting it with your brother, it would only be $35 a night. Each room has a little kitchenette and there's a pool and barbecue grills out back. There's a Food World across the street to stock the frig with snacks and drinks, and with their kitchenette, you can avoid having to eat out a lot and save more money.

Back
Top Bottom