malarone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep your eye on your wallet and bring a condom. Don't worry about malaria. It's the last think you will get.

Keep your eye on your wallet and bring a condom. Don't worry about malaria. It's the last think you will get.

watch out for these areas: Malate-Mabini, Cubao, Quezon Avenue, Cainta, Bocaue... :rofl3:

also...Pasay, Calumpang, Baclaran, Quiapo...

cool thanks guys; I ll bring some pills but only take when I go into the jungle

@chip; you are a better searcher than me; I remember posting something about it but couldnt find it back.

I hate these institutes trying to make you all worried. I told that wannabe doctor I wasnt too worried about it and she started looking at me like I was suicidal or something. Immediately describing the effects of Malaria and the risks involved.

6 days and I am out boombyeyeah

Malaria is a real issue here in South - Eastern Africa - but I have never bothered about during my many trips to Phils.

The latest SA DAN mag I got has an article on Malaria prevention, it lists Malarone and says its pretty much good for diving although "Additional sensitivity to motion sickness" has been reported. The one to avoid is Lariam, its hectic on the mind and unsafe for divers.

I just checked the WHO website for a trip to Roatan - they had recommendations for each malaria risk country.......

I don't know what Malarone you have, but mine (Malarone 250-100MG) said start taking it 2 days before arrival, daily while there (Roatan) and then 2 days afterward. So for 3mos. I think you're going to need a lot more pills..lol

I don't know if you may have some underlying condition and its none of my business but if not it seems odd to take Malarone for Roatan considering the WHO and CDC both list chloroquine as the recommended anti malarial and over prescribing simply helps the bugs get resistant at a faster pace. Did you happen to ask your prescriber about this?

I agree with twomixdiver. I got a hit of dengue while on bonaire in march . The worst 30 day illness you could imagine. I am surprised there is not more talk of dengue. I took precautions , spraying deet all the time , of the four bites I got in a week I paid severly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom