May 2nd Lake Days Update #1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been a little busy since I returned from an outstanding Kona trip, however I thought I would take a minute to update everyone since our last planning meeting. Our next planning meeting is going to be towards the end of March, so if you want me to bring anything up let me know. This year's event looks like it is going to be much larger and more rewarding for those that attend, don't miss out!

Date: Saturday May 2nd Time: 8am to 3pm

Location: Same as last year, west of the 10 lane boat ramp west side of the lake

Cost: Normal park entry fee ($5.00 per car)
Event entry is free unless you plan on diving
$10.00 per diver ($2 off coupons @ participating dive centers)

Events: All day free try scuba and try snorkeling
All day gear demos and displays by participating dive centers
All day navigation skill course
All day obstacle skill course
9 am to 10 am- Snorkel greased watermelon race
11 am to 12 pm- Lobster hunt (no you don't need a license)
12 pm to 1 pm- Snorkel greased water melon race
1 pm to 2 pm- Treasure hunt
Wildlife World Zoo Aquarium will have a display set up
Brent Bauer, a local U/W artist, will have a display set up

Prizes: That I am aware of, don't know what the other dive centers have available

Mares donated: X-Vision Liquid Skin Mask, Hydrex Superdry Snorkel, Raptor Split Fins
Set valued @ $300.00
SeaLife donated: DC1000 camera valued @ $549.95 (pending)
Innovative Scuba Concepts: Comfort Cushion mouthpieces
Mask Strap Covers
Hi-Force Locking Retractor
Lazer Stick Marker Lights
T-2 scuba Toolpacks
Low Profile 3 ring Binder
QII Erasable Pocket Slate
Aqua Fun Pen & Business Card Holder
Fin Straps
Value @ $275.00
Inland Water Divers: (1) NAUI Basic Open Water Course
(1) NAUI Advance Diver Course
(1) NAUI Nitrox Diver Course
Value @ $679.00

I will continue to update this information as I get confirmation on the info. Looks like it is going to be a fun event, I hope to see everyone there!

Inland Water Divers LLC
Goodyear, AZ
623.882.9060​

I'm going to try to make it out there for this. I had to miss it last year and it sounds like fun, esp when I can't get out to dive as much as I like. I saw that you have a couple of trips coming up in the next few months and I can't make them.
Does Naui have a course similar to padi's rescue diver? I've been meaning to do that for quite a while but haven't gotten around to it.

l_680aa707dccb416b9c10283ad70e630e.jpg

l_361cc397f50544a399755b6ca43c3914.jpg

I am glad to see divers excited about this event! A lot of work has gone into this event and I hope that it continues to grow in order to benefit everyone. We have another planning meeting Wednesday, after that all of the listed dive centers should have the discount coupons so stop by one and get yours. If your dive center/LDS is not participating tell them to get involved!

To answer your question Mudchick, we do offer a rescue class. I am currently working the schedule out, 4 days worth of instruction. Shoot me an email or give us a call and I will get you on the list.

Pete
Inland Water Divers LLC
Goodyear, AZ

Its still happening. We had a meeting the other day to try and fine tune the event. There are going to be some great prizes to be had. Capt Pete will probably be posting soon and I would guess give an updated list of them. I didn't bother to write them down. Sorry.

So May 2nd 8am to 3pm at the spillway. Its going to be fun. See you there

Stephen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom