Atlanta area dive shop suggestions for OW class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a call from my Atlanta sister this past weekend. Apparently, she's now quite interested in taking a scuba class. Baton Rouge is a bit far away for her to take the class here, and I'm just a NAUI DM, not an instructor.

*Anyway*, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations regarding dive shops or instructors in the Atlanta area? I've only had dealings with two shops (one for my PSI VCI/ECT and one for my SDI Solo), so I don't have a good feel for the options. Doing the class locally to Atlanta and heading down to Panama City Beach to checkout with my LDS sounds like it may be a worthy plan.

(I have a strong preference for recommending a class with rescue skills included, as we do in all our classes here. The instructor is important, but so is the content. :biggrin:)

Well there are a number of shops in Atlanta. I personnaly use Diver's Supply (Marietta), there is also another one in Doraville.

In addition, in no particular order:

Gerrards underwater
The Diveshop
Dive Dive Dive

There are several on the other side of town and further south that I have heard of but can not remember the name. Atlanta is a big place. It will depend mostly on where she lives. I can personnaly vouch for a couple of the instructors at Diver's Supply and one associated with the Dive shop.

Greg

North side, 285 and 75. (And Diver's Supply's web site pretty much sank their shot at winning my recommendation.)

Don't forget that "the K" is an instructor.

the K

Where does she live? north side or southside and oh the k is a instructor too,I would rather take classes from a independent instructor.

Anyone have experience with undersea adventures, Divers at Sea, or diving world? Looking to get my wife certified. Thus far it seems that Diving World is less expensive, and is NAUI which I have a strong preference for. That said these are all ITP, so if your sister does not actually live in Atlanta, then they might not work for her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom