Halcyon MC System with free spool & sausage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry to go off topic but you are just plain woring about halcyon not allowing internet sales. Whilst i fully understand that JJ owns extreme exposure and as a result wants to push the halcyon line through the store, there are any number of other online shops that will sell you halcyon gear over the internet, including my 'lds' in oman (not really lds but closest shop to me that sells 'tec' gear) and i am fairly confident that jj doesn't own that :)

It sounds as though this particular promotion may be unique to the shop offering it. It's a nice promotion, because the bag alone is around $75 (if I remember right) and, although I don't like to promote Halcyon gear (because of the stereotype) I love the Halcyon bags. They're the best of the six I have tried.

It's a nice promotion, because the bag alone is around $75 (if I remember right) and, although I don't like to promote Halcyon gear (because of the stereotype) I love the Halcyon bags. They're the best of the six I have tried.

And what would that stereotype be? :palmtree: Bob

The stereotype that DIR = Halcyon. I more or less deliberately dive as little Halcyon gear as I can, so as not to provoke that kind of response from people, but there are some things that Halcyon just does a better job with, and their SMBs are, in my opinion, one of those things. They make really nice reels, too.

So... even though it's good kit, you don't like it because it has a stereotype?
Who cares really? If it's good kit, it's good kit.

I was really hoping someone had the answer to the OP's question. My wife wants a BP/W and since I dive a Halcyon, that's probably what it's going to be. If I can get a free bag, whether it's a lift, an smb, or whatever, that's fine by me.:D

The stereotype that DIR = Halcyon. I more or less deliberately dive as little Halcyon gear as I can, so as not to provoke that kind of response from people. . .
The tech world people sound like a rough crowd. I'd hate to have to exclude an equipment brand just because little Timmy may give me crap for it on the playground. As a recreational diver using a Halcyon BP/W it's easy for me not to be mistaken for DIR, or even tech for that matter. I don't dive a long hose and bungied back-up. And to really drive the point home I simply replaced the 13" corrugated hose with a 18" one and then slapped a integrated octo/inflater on the end. Then I added split-fins, wireless AI, and a clear skirt mask to my ensemble. I've yet to have anyone accuse me of being DIR.:wink:

The stereotype that DIR = Halcyon. I more or less deliberately dive as little Halcyon gear as I can, so as not to provoke that kind of response from people, but there are some things that Halcyon just does a better job with, and their SMBs are, in my opinion, one of those things. They make really nice reels, too.

Very interesting. You dive as small amount of Halcyon gear as possible so you won't provoke the Halcyon = DIR response. Yet, you dive your gear in the full DIR configuration. What does that say to other divers? I don't think that's a consistent argument, but hey, you're being honest and I like that.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes, Halcyon is the most beautiful. I worry about my diving and what works best for me. If my gear causes some kind of a negative or perceived response, then that's tough, they'll get right over it. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom