Waterloo/Guelph and surronding area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If you want to get some skills practice in the U of Waterloo 14 ft deep pool, contact Dean at Dean's Sport and Dive. Once a month through the winter they run practice sessions there.

Contact the store at 519-742-1230 for details and to register for the pool sessions.

Deans Sport and Dive Contact

Hey Shoredivr, do you know off hand how much they charge? I'm now working in Cambridge (live in Brantford) so that would be ideal for a lil in water practice over the winter.

Hi Jimmer, just checked today and it's $5.

Hey

Not meaning to hijack or anything but I know Rec and Tek scuba in hamilton does these as well if kitchener/guelph is to far for anyone.

Mike

How deep's the pool there, Mike? The 14 feet deep U of W pool is great :D

Shoredivr, I'm gonna try to get out with you guys a few times this winter, I was just curious if there would be any problem if I wanted to wear my doubles with an al40 stage in the pool? I'm doing my Tech 1 in the spring, and would like to just do a lot of drills to prepare for that.

I can't see any problem, Dean teaches tech diving. I've been in the pool with a stage and also with doubles. The only problem is lugging the gear in, bring your own gear carrier.... Next pool session I'm playing with hose routing for sidemounts...

I am interested in this as well. It would be good to get to know some local divers as well as keeping wet.
Brian

they do the same thing at NTD as well contact James at the store for timings

IIRC, NTD might have something going on now, or at least in the next week or two. It looked pretty good if you live in the area.

Cheers,
Bill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom