Dive Resorts in Turks and Caicos ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We are looking for dedicated dive resorts in Turks and Caicos, but NOT on Providenciales. Suggestions ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Cat Lady Mindy

Consider Grand Turk. There's a handful of small hotels and 3 dive operators and all will make you a package for lodging and diving. We like Osprey Beach Hotel and Blue Water Divers.

We stayed at Bohio Dive Resort and used Oasis Divers. We were very happy with Oasis, but I would only stay at Bohio again, if I knew for sure their bikes for guests were functional. It's too far to walk into "town" but the trip would have been easy to do with a bike, if they were not broken. Other than that Bohio was fine. Nice beach.

But Osprey is proabably a good choice, as it's better located. Very close to everything.

Welcome to Scubaboard! If you don't want to be on Provo you are really limited to one of three other locations in the Turks & Caicos. South Caicos has a relatively new resort that has a dive op. As noted above Grand Turk has three different ops and some great diving and Salt Cay has a couple of small resorts that have diving. Of the three I've only done Grand Turk. We rented a house called Turtle Crossing and used Oasis Divers. Very happy with both. Of the three options Grand Turk is the most "cosmopolitan" but there is still not much to do on the island other than eat, sleep and dive. All of the resorts on Grand Turk are quite small and are located within walking distance of a dive shop.

All three dive ops..Oasis, Blue Water and Grand Turk Divers (Smitty owns it) are all good. You can't go wrong with any of them plus they are all friends and are not competitive. Stay at Mantahouse or Salt Raker..both are on the same street with all the dive ops, and places to eat plus on the beach. PM me with any ?

I'm not sure if it is still there, but my vote on Grand Turk would be Island House. It has been several years since we've been there but The place was really nice and each suite. (each room is a full studio suite with full kitchen) comes with a vehicle. Colin (the owner) let us have have a ford ranger truck for the week and we had a blast. While other folks were stuck walking we could cruise the island at will.

Island house has great sunsets and water veiws, but it is not on the beach.

Island House is really nice. Ask for Chris...she will sort it all out for you. Island House is especially great if you are planning on staying for a week of so as you have your own kitchen and can get supplies from Cee's. Have fun!

I have stayed at Osprey and at Saltraker, both are great and run by great folks. Blue Water (Say hi to Mitch for me) or Oasis are great dive ops and I did my first ever dive with Smitty if he has started his own operation then I am sure it is top notch as well. I have visited Bohio and it looks nice although it is rather isolated from everything. You can shore dive from there but it is a bit of a swim out to the wall, however they have rental DPVs you can use (just make sure they fully charge it...I had to tow mine back in from the wall...) Here is a report on my diving there.

http://www.scubamage.com/files/Diving_Grand_Turk.pdf

Mike

Bohio is really far away from everything meaning the grocery store, restaurants, dive ops etc...
and yes--Smitty's dive op is called Grand Turk Divers...he's doing great--check it out. There really isn't much "shore diving" in GT....it's all about the wall there.

The wall is out 200-300 yards at about all points on the east coast of GT, like I said, a long swim but it can be done, best to go by boat.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom