Phuket in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus.s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was thinking of going to Phuket for some diving in July, anyone knows what the conditions are right now?

Thanks,
// Magnus;

Take your surf board dude - surf's up! ;

(either that or a sick bag for the boat trips). Would be better if you could hold on a couple of months, but of course once your under it's not so bad in deeper water, or away form the mainland such as over by Phi Phi.

anyone knows what the conditions are right now?
// Magnus;

The last few days have been absolutely horrible; dark skies, tons of rain, wind and waves. This morning however the skies have opened up a bit and the sun is out.

Normally a couple of days of bad weather are being replaced by periods of nice weather during the "green" season.
I'm sure there will be more rain in July but I'm also confident there will be many-many nice diving days as well.

:D

on the other hand, a customer just came into our shop and he saw a whaleshark at Phi Phi yesterday, so...
One of my guests also saw one, another claimed to have seen one adult plus a few calfs as well. The number mentioned is really incredible, but they are still in the area.

It has actually been a rather bizarre year for whalesharks. What the heck are they doing here in June! Photo taken yesterday by a customer...

Attachments

• whaleshark-26-june.jpg
    whaleshark-26-june.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 55
Even more unusual: apperantly 40 or so pseudo-orca's (false killer whales) "stranded" in Racha Yai last night. Local people immediately contacted the authorities and with help from the Phuket Marine Biological Center and lots of help from the local Racha Yai residents all but one pseudo-orca were saved.
As I understand were the animals moved from Ao Tap (?) to another sheltered bay and released.

I'm sure this happening will be (in more details) in the news soon.

Pretty amazing huh! And GREAT to hear that nearly all animals were saved.

Thanks for the link Batfish and Thanks Mislav for your "Thank You"!

I watched the pseudo-orca rescue on Thai cable TV last night (Phuket local channel). It was very encouraging to see how dedicated the local people on Racha Yai were helping those stranded animals back to deeper waters. Rescuing these large toothed BIG animals (some "snapping" their mouths!!) in the dark wasn't an easy job at all and I can only applaud what all those people did their that night.

Back
Top Bottom