Genesis GS2000 vs Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you notice there have been several similar "Regulator X" vs the Titan LX lately etc. That should tell you smething. Get the Titan LX and never look back. Also note the thread above on the Apeks "seeping" and the old LDS crap was not. If you get a Titan LX you will be the guy with the old LDS crap that works just fine after great abuse while the poor fellow with high bucks, high zoot regs sits on the side of the pool/boat/beach with leaking regs after only 50 dives.

As has been noted in yet another recent thread the Titan LX even without the enviro kit did not free flow compared again to similar high zoot regs. You can of course get an enviro kit on the LX.

As to breathing comparisons, anyone--anyone who tells you they can tell a difference between a Titan LX and regulator X is fooling themselves. I have had the good fortune to use a LX at depth compared to Apeks, AL Legend and several others, frankly the Titan is as good as or better.

Next, parts, yes, very important. Parts are everywhere for the Titan LX and it is a simple and rugged design.

The Titan LX from Leisure Pro is under 300 dollars.

If you need two HP ports you can get a splitter from DiveRite or go ahead and dive techie, forget the transmitter and use a good brass and glass spg for problem free diving.

Good luck to you.

N

If i only had these two regs to choose from, i would go with the Titan Lx.
Parts and service centers for aqualung are everywhere, plus i havnt heard of one complaint about the Titan reg.:D
i think it is a time tested product,based on the US Divers Conshelf.
Ditto

Thanks for all the input folks.

I ended up going with the titan LX.

I also picked up:
Vyper computer console with spg/compass
Balance Rear inflatable BC w/titanium knife
Titan LX

Total cost after taxes 1100$

All gear new and from a LDS!!

I have and have used a GS2000 for about 3 years.....no complaints using it.
However, a couple of years ago, when I took a repair course on it, I was surprised by how many parts it has and specialized tools it needs compared to other regs. I'm a "KISS" theory kinda guy, so the high number of parts troubled me a little bit.
I atill have the reg, and use it as a back up, as I now have an Aqua Lung Legend.
I've used both regs you're considering, and like both, but would recommend the Titan over the GS2000 solely based on ease and cost of maintenance.

High cost in parts for the gs2000?

If I remember correctly, their is a 2 year warranty/ service coverage for parts. Cost is realitively low for labour if you purchased it from your local dealer. Unfortunately, I am seeing more and more people by from online shops, which hurts the local dealer and forces him to raise prices.

Either way, I hope the purchase is doing well for you because all that matters is you are comfortable diving.

Cheers

This is just what I HEARD from a dive instructor who's logged 8,000 plus dives on servicing regs...

If you have your (out of warranty) regs serviced at a LDS, no matter what kind it is (piston or diaphram), most LDS charge a flat fee to service, replace parts, and test them. (MINE IS 95 dollars for complete service and test.)

In general, pistons take less time to work on than diaphrams because of the number of moving parts.

In your specific example, if it's a specialized piston like the Genesis 1st stage D.A.D., then it's going to require another special tool, and another special valve... etc., BUT someone who's had a lot of experience and years servicing regs should have them anyways and it should be no problem.

AT MOST, it will be like servicing a diaphragm, which will always take longer on average because of number of parts.

STILL, the GS 1st stage D.A.D. is a great reg. If you can get it cheaper than the titan, just get it. "You're not going to notice a difference" from what my instructor says. He says it's very rare that a GS2000 and 1 stage is in bad shape.

On a side note, he likes the titan lx as well. He said it takes the same amount of time for him to service both regs.

Back
Top Bottom