Diving in Nias/Sibolga?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregorio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I will spend a few days on Sumatra close to Sibolga.
My original plan was to go and have some diving in Weh but I'm not sure if I will have time. I am then looking for something closer, but I can't find any info about diving in the part of Sumatra...

Any ideas?

How about the Mentawai islands? I once looked into going there and found this dive operator, but then I didn't go, so I can't comment.
But then, that's not much closer to Sibolga than Pulau Weh, and transport from Banda Aceh to Pulau Weh is much easier/more frequent than from Padang to Mentawai.

According to the Nias Tourism Board, there is no dive operator in Nias (yet).

Thank you kilo_fox, you are always fast to answer and really helpful!

I found an other one in Silabok, but indeed it seem not much closer...
I saw the website of Nias Tourism Board too.

I think it will be Weh for us.

:lotsalove: You are most welcome gregorio, I'm glad if I could give some useful information!
Pulau Weh is a fantastic choice, I still dream of going back there..... Last WE, I went to the DEEP Indonesia 2008 trader show and I learned that there are two new dive operators in P. Weh, and another one is opening soon. So you'll have the choice between four dive ops in Gapang and one in Iboih. Enjoy your trip!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom