12-22 Dive... did you miss out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tailchaser

Contributor
Reaction score
Tom and Nick it was great to dive with you guys!

OK for those of you who missed the dive today... this was one of the best! We met up at the stair case as planned but decided Leo was a better choice. Tom, Nick, Kristina and myself headed to the south side of leo.
What a beautiful day! Water was 57 vis I would say was pushing maybe 20'. We dropped and headed out towards the outer reef. We shortly noticed that we were being followed! We had a cute little seal following us checking us out wondering what the hell we were doing. It turns out he was nipping at our fins and when I had my head in a hole looking for bugs he was right there looking over my shoulder for his half. He hung with us for a good 15 minutes before we parted ways... I miss him. We hit the outer reef and found tons of life, I found a big octopus in a hole and while I was showing the others I looked up to see a big ray gliding through the kelp. We made the turn and headed back towards the beach still exploring. We hit a few arches where I looked in the bottom of this arch to see the biggest sheephead tail... I would put him in the 30lb range. I quickly broke up some urchins to see if he would come out, no luck. We did however get a swarm of smaller fish that came for the free buffet. Lots of lobster mostly short the big ones were two deep in the holes and out of reach. Ended the dive right in front of the stairs just out side the surf... this was a epic dive! We hung out for another hour or so... It was a beautiful day, is it really Christmas?
Nick you did a great job and it was a pleasure to dive with you...
Tom you are an animal! You were on a mission, someday you and I will go out together on a hunting missio:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner:n.
EVERYONE ELSE YOU MISSED IT!
I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday and we will see you in the water soon!

Hurtful Jeff! Your just killing me. I've really missed diving with your guys. I'll mend my ways and start making these great events in January.

I'm glad everyone had great dive.

Yes it was quite a beautiful day. Out of my short 20 dive career this one was the best. Not just the dive, but the truly wonderful day, and great company. Hoped more of the Crabs would show up since I FINALLY made it all the way out there. Just have to meet more of you next time :)

Nick

Unbelievable how calm & beautiful the ocean was!... Great dive site-- first time for me, but definitely not the last. Thanks Crabs! Is anyone going on the Thursday night dive? I want to take out the new reg Santa brought me!

Sorry, Tom, I won't be able to make it tonight. I am working out of town, and won't be able to dive until Sat.

See you then,
Rick

We dove yesterday at deer creek... it was ok conditions lots of surge. all my stuff is still wet and I wont be putting on wet gear tonight!
Rick I thought I decoded Tevis's message and you were not going to make it saturday?

Im out of town and missing you guys. Dang Jeff, stellar conditions and great company, THAT is what the Beach Crabs is all about.

Happy New Year all, whatta you say we bring in the new year at Kristina's house, Jeff can come with his tritip. . . . . .

Tevis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom