Malapascua thresher is soooo real

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rastarigo

Reaction score
here's a short report about my malapascua dive trip on August 23-27, 2007.
i loved every minute of it, now that im trying to recall everything that transpired in all my dives, i just cant take away that grin on my face. cant wait to go back again!

my first ever, one and only dive done in monad shoal produced the most surreal moment in all my dives as a beginning diver. the highlight of malapascua diving that everyone is raving about is true. they are there. i saw my thresher and im not talking about grainy images and mere glimmers of this beautiful shark, it's right on my face at one meter close! i might have ended up going to monad each morning until i see a single one but no, just a few minutes into the dive, this grayish thing slowly appeared into view from the dropoff only to check on us and greet us 'have a nice day'. to those who missed the thresher, i guess it's just a matter of where your DM put you in vast monad shoal. the thresher might be on the other side of the shoal. when we got in monad, there were already 2 boats and their divers have already gone down. that got me worried we were late for the thresher sighting but i guess we're just on the right time at the right place on a sunken island which is apparently twice the size of malapascua.

by the way i dived with dan's dive, very cheap at 1,175pesos w/ complete gear. night dive with them has a surcharge of 250, and gato island has a surcharge of 350. im really happy i chose them.

GATO- is really cool underwater tunnel and full of surprises around the rocky walls. saw loads of puffer fish, from tiny to huge one to bloated one. saw eel, banded seasnake, mantis shrimp, lazy whitetip sharks, circling whitetip sharks, etc.

i love malapascua and it wont be long before i visit there again.

arrrghhhhh.... lucky for you! we never saw the threshers! :( :( :(

gato island is beautiful, i agree. :)

arrrghhhhh.... lucky for you! we never saw the threshers! :( :( :(

gato island is beautiful, i agree. :)

oh no. . . no threshers?! hey i was lucky pala to see at least 2 passes by 2 threshers from afar. Altho, was not able to take a photo of it because they were too quick. That sucks tho, but i wanna dive malapascua again soon. Who was your dive op maggie?

we dove with bantigue cove dive resort. really nice service. and Naz, the DM, is a good spotter too.

my only problem with malapascua is that the dive sites are too far away! i slept to and fro Gato Island.

We have a liveaboard to mALAPASCUA nOV 1-5 . Borneo explorer out of cebu. 495 $ 5 dives a day for 3 days. Email me yvetteclee@gmail.com

Yvette

Back
Top Bottom