Questions about Cebu, El Nido, Coron, etc..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50% cheaper!
Too good to be true?

Not sure where you did your math that you think 70,000 is 50% less than 105,000

It just means liveaboard.com is charging a premium that dive operations in the Philippines are not charging.

It just means liveaboard.com is charging a premium that dive operations in the Philippines are not charging.
But if he said the regular price is 50% higher he would be right :wink:

You listed two difference prices, 70,000 and 105,000, for the same deal. 35,000 is exactly 50% of 70,000.
Please do not ever mention math again.

definitely agree it’s best to stay in one place if you will just be there a week, especially if flying across different time zones and if third world travel is new to the family. Haven’t been to the Philippines post Covid or typhoon, but travel takes awhile, especially with flights and ferries (many are delayed). You can have an amazing stay with amazing service for less than many other destinations, so why not enjoy it!

However, if you are really set on diving in several areas, something to seriously research would be the Dive Safari. Not sure what The restrictions would be for a junior diver, but they may let you pay for a private dive guide / instructor for him, if needed. Certainly a much better option than booking on your own. We’ve done it a few times and it’s great because it takes you to all the sites you mentioned and best of all, family can sleep at a hotel room each nite. I would speak directly with them if needed.

Also, love your idea about sailing trip in El Nido…been wanting to do the overnight camps on islands. If you can swing it with your schedule, I would do it. El Nido itself was pretty bad at height of tourist season…still beautiful, but maybe you’ll get a more natural experience with the sailing safari.

oh…if you can fly direct to Cebu, it will be much more pleasant!

You listed two difference prices, 70,000 and 105,000, for the same deal. 35,000 is exactly 50% of 70,000.
Please do not ever mention math again.
Mmm well 70,000 is two thirds of 105,000 so it's 33.33% less (to two decimal place).

Thanks I wasn't clear,

Thanks wow that is a lot of damage, I should have been more clear though I'm planning the trip for 2023, not 2022. Do you think the roads would be repaired by then?
I am in Moalboal, all roads open and cleared, just a little debris along the edge in places. Travel around the place is not an issue.

Mmm well 70,000 is two thirds of 105,000 so it's 33.33% less (to two decimal place).
Anyway just goes to show that liveaboard.com is charging a lot more for the same LOB than dive operations in the Philippines. :)

I am in Moalboal, all roads open and cleared, just a little debris along the edge in places. Travel around the place is not an issue.
All roads from say Mactan Airport down to Moalboal? Still not a nice trip. I used to take flights that would arrive at 3am so I could get a driver and be at CDC for the first morning dive at 8am.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom