I got to go on my first dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parysa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Many thanks to the wonderful staff at AdventureSports II (Tom Smedley, Rick Murchison, and May May) for allowing me the pleasure of my first two dives! Tommy took me on a resort course dive at Vortex over the weekend. It was absolutely awesome! I got to feed the fish and pet the eels. I am completely hooked. I can't wait to get my certification. My boyfriend, Kevin Carlisle, came along with us, which made the whole experience that much better. I was thrilled to get to share my first dives with him. And, he got pictures! I attached one. I'm on the left and Tommy is on the right. :D

Attachments

• Me n Tommy at Vortex.jpg
    Me n Tommy at Vortex.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 84
What kind of guy would I be if I didnt brag on her just a bit. I must say she did an awesome job for a first timer, actually did a good job compared to some experienced divers. She did not plow up the bottom ( how great is that ) and she stayed calm and took it all in. Great job darlin!!

Awww. Thank you, darling! :10:

WoooHooo!!!! Sounds like you've got the fever! :fruit:

Hmmm...says there's an attachment, but it's not showing up. Let's try this:

232323232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2333%3D358%3D%3B34%3DXROQDF%3E232373%3B9594%3B8ot1lsi

:D

LOL, it's a cheapy one I bought thinking I'd just use it once for a snorkeling trip. Hey, saves me some money, lol.

Good news! I get to start my OW class tomorrow!!!! :banana: My dad said that he doesn't want me having to wait till January to start classes, so he gave me an early Christmas present! :D And, I also got my boots today (Hendersons) and my fins (Aqualung Blades 2). A huge thanks to Phil Ellis and DiveSports (www.divesports.com) for the AMAZING deal on my fins! I'm so excited!!!

You go girl ... right on! It's great to hear someone so hyped about diving. After 30 years I still have the hairs on my neck stand up when I see someone as super charged to dive as you are. You know what that means? In 30 years you'll be saying the same thing to a newbie!

The deal with SSI is fine I have a few SSI Certs somewhere. Don't get hung up on the Certs. unless your going to teach then look at where at and then which agency has the most LDS's that you'll be able to teach at.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom