Bonaire 7/28/07 to 8/4/07 (or was it 8/5/07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year I swam to the wreck "our confidence" from Eden Beach...its a bit of a kick but doable? Something Special is very closse I beleive..?

Im there in 2 weeks! PreBD is bad!

Drew

So sorry for the bad flights, thank goodness we had no trouble with ours.
This year we are doing the night flight that leaves Houston 11pm and goes straight to Bonaire arrives 5 am. It was a less expensive flight for us this time, you may want to check this flight next time, it might help.

We also stayed at the Den Laman!! Best place and service and staff are great, it opened last year !! We went last May and on our way back this September 21st! Can't wait!!!
Like BucChick said the diving here is unbelievable!! Den Laman has a very nice dive site- Bari Reef right out their door which is nice- seahorses and frog fish in area, i could keep going on about all the cool little creatures we found at this one spot.
We did one boat dive and it was ok.
This Sept we are going on the other side of the island, hoping to see some big critters. larryswildsidediving.com

We also ate very well while we were on the island.
The first day we went to the grocery store for breakfast and lunch items. We ate out for dinner every night which got a little expensive but what the heck your on vacation right!!
The first stop for dinner for us is IT RAINS FISH! OMG this place is fantastic, its on the main strip ocean view. I got the catch of the day with some creamy white basil sauce, I tell u i am salavating just thinking about it, my husband got this huge bowl with fresh fish and other stuff that i can't remember cooked with cheese all over it!Yummmmmy.
We also ate at the Cactus Blue great drinks and nice couple that owns it.
The best Calamari on the island is at Buddy Dive!!

When u go most of these places will give you whats on special at every place on the island which is nice. Or you can look on their websites to get an idea. You will also find flyers on your truck when u come back for a dive, thats why we went to Cactus Blue.

Drinks- we actually bought a couple of bottles in San Juan for our coctail hour! Saved some money. Not sure if we can do that anymore with the liquid rule on planes.

If anyone is in Bonaire in Sept and whats to go on the Wild Larry dive let me know!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom