Inflatable dive boat ladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the 4 step ladder that you are looking at and have no problem getting back on board in full gear and fins. They are right though the last step or two before you can place a knee on a tube is tricky because you don't have anything to hold on too. All though if you have room on the transome your A-frame will give you a nice handle as long as you don't hit your head on the way in.

Thee ar ladders made for inflatables. the one that I have seen is made by St. Croix.

36-698-0233 in the Boater's World Marine Catalog.

The best thing in many small inflatables, ladder or not, is to remove the equipment in the water.

N

just clip your gear off and get in. then hoist your gear in the boat. with that size inflatable boat, the less gear and more streamlined you are the better. with 2-3 people and all the gear you need to operate your vessel and tanks. who needs more crap and weight. if you cant get into the boat without a step. you might want to pick up golf instead? Or just sell it and buy a whaler. less to maintain, and a lot of the older models sit low in the water. easier to roll into and out of. and no leaking chambers and seals. uv working on the pvc's ect. ect. ect. another 5 years its going to be land fill. my boat is almost older than me and still has many, many, yeas of service left. boston whalers rule!!! hope I wasn't to smart ***** for you all. ho, and stay away from thos bayliners to. LOL!!! but sounds like you got it handeled. some good advise here.

The ladder Wingnutt references is the one I gave the catalog number for from Boaters World. It is 199.99 in their catalog.

N

Thanks for the advise. We always clip our gear off. Golf I don't have time for anymore hobbies. Some of my dive buddies are hitting 70 and a ladder is a nice thing. Ill be at Ocean Cove May 19th and 20th. Thanks again. Chris

has anyone had experience with the Patten Inflatable Dive Boat. I saw one yesterday at the georgia dive show and it features a opening in the middle near the bow where you enter the water through the floor of the boat. thinking of getting one but first want some input from people who have used them. www.tecinnovations.net

How would that open floor hold up at anchor in a close 4' swell with the wind blowing a little of the tops off? Let’s add 25’ of visibility and you have Ocean Cove Sat afternoon 05/19/07 it looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom