Tank Rack's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver32

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for removable, DIY tank racks for my boat. I'd prefer something that would accecpt 95's with the boot on. I have a 6 tank pecilan rack already. Do the fold down tank brackets work? Like something easily removable for fishing too. What else has everybody tried. I'm sure with the experience here, theres lots of good ideas. Oh the boat, a Trophy 2352 walk around.

Dan

The fold down tank brackets actually holds the tanks really well the only thing I don’t like about them is that unless you have 2 rails and you can stair step the brackets there is a lot of wasted space between tanks.

Firediver32:
I'm looking for removable, DIY tank racks for my boat. I'd prefer something that would accecpt 95's with the boot on. I have a 6 tank pecilan rack already. Do the fold down tank brackets work? Like something easily removable for fishing too. What else has everybody tried. I'm sure with the experience here, theres lots of good ideas. Oh the boat, a Trophy 2352 walk around.

Dan
http://www.scubastorage.com/

Go to this site - excellent equipment and it can be removed when not in use - far better than the permanent fold dow brackets (I had them on a boat a few years ago and the ones sold on the site above are superior)

You could also get a metal tank holder - but securing it so the tanks don't fall over can be a problem.

Another nice thing about the Roll Control tracks is you can remove the tank holders and put in other items like rod holders. I have two 1 ft sections of track in the stern of my boat that can be used to hold a single tank each when diving and replaced with the rod holders when fishing.

Mike

I have the Roll Control flip down brackets on my little boat, they work nicely. They are fine with steel 72s, aluminum 80s, Faber 85s etc. The rail is permmenantly mounted but of course the brackets can be removed from the track when not being used. The track can also except cup holders, rod holders etc. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom