new breathing apparatus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Google "Israeli inventor breathing apparatus" and you get what you want

SB search "Israeli inventor breathing apparatus" and you get what you want

That's what the sarcasm's about.

sbrooks:
This is what I hate about this forum. The guy asks a simple question.. Have you heard of it, does it work.. A simple answer, Yes or No woulds suffice. But no, everyone tries to nail the guy, I'm assuming, because it doesn't sound feasible.. Not everyone is as knowledgeable about scuba as YOU.

Someone posts a thread on this device once every few months.

Early on everyone debated why it is or is not plausible. But now, after the Xth thread saying 'hey, look at what I found on the internet, what to you think?', most experienced posters have only the energy for a few words of cynicism.

I have modelled fluid-gas partitioning for a range of dissolved chemical speices over a spread of pressure-temp conditions, but I really can’t be bothered posting yet again why this won't work.

frankc420:
Me too, mine converts it to nitrox though, they are going to release the trimix version in a couple of months. The price is pretty high though, roughly $40-$50.
I'd like 2 if they work as well as you say. How are they with trimix? Do split fins add anything to their functionality?

I've heard of it every couple of years since the early 1970's.

It consists of a membrane with a huge surface area that allows dissolved gasses through, but keeps out the water.

It's apparenly "Not Ready for Prime Time" or it would be in production right now.

Terry

scubaperro:
has anyone heard about that Israeli Inventor thats tryng to invent a breathing apparatus that will allow breathing underwater without the assistance of compressed air tanks.the invention will use the relatively small amounts of air thats already in water to supply oxygen to scuba divers and submarines. if u've heard of it, do u know if it on shelves yet/or does it not even work

Tassie_Rohan:
Someone posts a thread on this device once every few months.

Early on everyone debated why it is or is not plausible. But now, after the Xth thread saying 'hey, look at what I found on the internet, what to you think?', most experienced posters have only the energy for a few words of cynicism.

I have modelled fluid-gas partitioning for a range of dissolved chemical speices over a spread of pressure-temp conditions, but I really can’t be bothered posting yet again why this won't work.

Can't we apply the old rule of, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all."

sbrooks:
Can't we apply the old rule of, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all."

Ah, but that is nowhere near as much fun, and this board would loose its entertainment factor...

Especially when it comes to poking holes into the umpteenth thread on a loony and the gonzo science project in his garage.

ffestpirate:
I'd like 2 if they work as well as you say. How are they with trimix? Do split fins add anything to their functionality?

They are 100% incompatible with split fins. However, they do recommend using a too large set of Jets.

I believe the vest that was referenced in one of the above posts was the revolutionized 'lead' vest. It allowed more bottom time, as it gets you there faster.

You do however have to wear a foil helmet while diving with this apparatus.

frankc420:
Me too, mine converts it to nitrox though, they are going to release the trimix version in a couple of months. The price is pretty high though, roughly $40-$50.
bugger... last night we handed over the $$$ for hubbys MEG when we could have bought this instead!

:D

Back
Top Bottom